1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSX-R 1000 L7 first riding impressions

Discussion in 'General' started by Ra.Ge. Raptor, Feb 6, 2017.

1. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

That's the reason for the 66 previous pulls. They kept running it till the rest of the bike fell apart, leaving just the motor to dyno.

Phl218 likes this.
  2. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Suzuki promply recalled the dyno results...the fix will drop it to 175 and will add Scratch n Sniff graphics.

Odilup likes this.
  3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well it definitely has the over-rev advantage. 14.5K compared to I'm not sure what the R1 and ZX redline at.

4. Thing makes some damn good linear power.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

6. Damnit Suzuki. Put all of this new shit into the 750. :mad:

Knotcher likes this.
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What 750? Wasn't someone yapping on that is was going the way of the buffalo?

kjohnson likes this.
  8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Nobody I believe has mentioned the 750 going away. Just rumor.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I doubt they will. The new R6 is evidence that we're not going to get top level liter bike tech on the middleweights. The next 600/750 "might" get the variable valve timing but probably not much else.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

More important than that shit or the new 600 or an inline 4 GSXR400, when is their version of a Grom coming out? and not that gay ass electric 2 wheeled stupid that they showed off a few years ago. :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  11. Kawi seems to be the only company putting real effort into their MW bikes (Triumph was in there too with the 675R, but I believe they are stopping production on it also).

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

what's a 750?

:D

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

A liter bike with a dropped valve. :D

pscook and Phl218 like this.
  14. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

15. Ra.Ge. Raptor

16. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

A fifth of your favorite spirit...:beer:

dsmitty37 likes this.
  17. 23k5

23k5 Well-Known Member

asbk p1.jpg

Pretty good for a bike that's only come together over the past couple of weeks.

18. Especially since WSS has started dumbing down their rules (no long allowing extensive electronics). Many say that was the main reason Cluzel didn't do as well as expected. They couldn't run the Traction Control, Wheelie Control, elaborate Engine Braking electronics they had on the MVF3 the previous year...and he struggled getting back up to speed without the electronics.

19. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

I dont even want to know what a set of Yosh fairings cost:eek:

20. Ra.Ge. Raptor

It's not that ugly after all...

[​IMG]