1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2008+ R6 Guys Near Tally

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by johnDesigns, Feb 13, 2017.

1. johnDesigns

johnDesigns New Member

I'm starting WERA this year and finishing the prep on my bike - down to safety wiring and painting the body kit. Was wondering if anyone lived in the Birmingham/Talladega area that wouldn't mind me checking out how their bike is wired.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm sure some people will chime in once they get to work and start surfing the web today. Don't stress too much on the wiring - we do want it correct of course but we'll work with you at the track too to make sure you get out there.

dsmitty37, JTRC51 and TLR67 like this.
  3. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Chris Weimann is in rainbow city. He has a shop. Down shift racing. Facebook him

4. johnDesigns

johnDesigns New Member

Thanks, Mongo and Drop.

I've talked to Chris already (cool dude), but I try not to bug him because I'm doing all the work myself and not bringing Down Shift any business. Nobody likes a free-loader...

I'm riding Barber with STT March 12th. Half way done wiring now. I'll just take a look in the paddock for WERA stickers and ask whoever is there. Pretty sure I've got it handled, but I'd like to get a second set of eyes before April 22nd at Tally.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The STT guys can help too, majority of them race.

6. Jdub628

Jdub628 Member

I live in Alabaster and I'm in the same boat.My r6 is fully wired just not sure if everything is done correctly. I will be at Barbers the 11th and 13th to ride.More than likely come by on the 12th to watch.You are welcome to check out what I have done.

johnDesigns likes this.