1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Social Media Pitchforks over Day Without Immigrants

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Lawn Dart, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

News is getting out that companies fired employees for "no-showing" on A Day Without Immigrants last week. I'd read about the place in Oklahoma (I thought it was posted here, but I can't find it for some reason), but then it came out a place here, and some others had fired people as well. The place in Nashville is a commercial paint shop, family owned, and appears that 18 of the 36-ish employees didn't show last week after being told that, if they didn't, don't bother coming back.

http://fox17.com/news/local/18-fire...y-for-missing-work-to-participate-in-protests

Now the pitchforks are coming out. Their Facebook page is taking a beating.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bradley-Coatings-Inc/168965489784804

And yelp

https://www.yelp.com/biz/bradley-coatings-nashville

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Wish they sold paint, I need to paint my basement and would gladly patronize them. :beer:

eggfooyoung likes this.
  3. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Lol. Hey boss, not coming in today. Have to go march around in the street. Lol

4. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

They got fired for not showing up to work. What they did with their time off is irrelevant.

Steady T and crashman like this.
  5. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I REALLY hope none of these companies caves to the SJW's and gives these jobs back. That would be a terrible move.

kangasj, aedwards01, stk0308 and 3 others like this.
  6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:stupid:

7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

What really baffles me is why would a legal immigrant take any part in the bullshit that was this protest? Once you peel away all of the emotion and bias it is just illegal immigration that has been targeted. Not sure why this would bother anyone besides illegals...

Fencer likes this.
  8. Fonda Dix

Because the media has done a stellar job of making legal and illegal immigrants the same thing. So much so that even the people involved dont know or wont admit the difference.

badmoon692008 and R Acree like this.
  9. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

True, people on here don't know the difference.

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

FTFY

11. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

18 new jobs created. Good work, 'protesters'.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  12. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

They all went to work at my job. Their words "F that i have a family and bills to pay"

badmoon692008 and TLR67 like this.
  13. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I'm on the side of the immigrants but I have no problem with a business firing someone for not showing up for work, I'm guessing some of those jobs will be hard to fill with good workers so that's why most just let it happen and in some cases took a big loss.

I thought it was funny that some of the restaurants around here said they were closing because of solidarity with the immigrants. That was obviously bullshit, they were closing because they couldn't operate with half their staff missing, a restaurant isn't going to give up $20k in sales to show support for their employees.

14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

See that pisses me off. I have spent alot of time and money getting to the point where I will be able to apply for citizenship in another year and a half but there are those out there that want me in the same category as some fucking cabbage picker, maid or whatever the fuck else border jumpers do. If people are too stupid to tell the difference between legal and illegal immigration should they really be able to vote for what direction the country will take? Liberalism really is an intellectual cancer...

aedwards01, stk0308, Fencer and 3 others like this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay - which immigrants are you on the side of?

Depending on their clientele that could be really smart or really bad :D

16. R1Racer99

All of them, I don't really care if they came here legally or illegally, both for my personal and anecdotal reasons as well as believing our country is doing just fine right now with them here. Trying to deport illegals is not going to solve the "problem", there's over ten million of them here, most are hard-working non criminals, why not figure out a way to let them stay and become citizens?

17. Fonda Dix

We have a way. They ignored or openly disregarded it. Why reward them for that illegal behavior?

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Throw him out! He took our jobs!

19. R1Racer99

So what's the answer then?

20. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

probation, community service while in process to green card?