1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Trump's fault....violent leftist nutjobs burn down UC Berkeley

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, Feb 2, 2017.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If I take a couple of wins away from Marquez last year, he probably doesn't win the championship either. I don't get that reasoning.

2. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I just do not understand why people even keep bringing up the popular vote. Almost everyone knows that the Electoral College is how the President gets elected. It wouldn't matter if Hillary got 10 million more votes because that is not the way the game is played. The question I would like asked more often is how does it feel knowing that Hillary was such a shitty candidate that she could not even beat an asshole like Trump. The Dems really need to take this loss to heart as they gave a buffoon like Trump the presidency with their candidate choice. When Donald Trump is the lesser of 2 evils you really fucked up with your candidate.

badmoon692008, Banditracer and Orvis like this.
  3. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

And he won by the largest margin since Reagan, that is if you eliminate the five other larger margins from Obama, 2,Clinton, 2, and Bush, 1. I also found it interesting that he rents his facilities to his campaign so that they pay him to host his events like the one yesterday, good thing he doesn't worry about conflicts of interest.

4. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

That logic deserves the same succinct response as anyone crowing about Hillary winning the popular vote.

"If my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle."

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

There's no conflict of interest.

Trump's campaign rented facilities. Trump's businesses rented the facilities. At a price that is commensurate with their value. Per FEC regulations.

Sorry, Charlie, nice try.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I missed the after show thing they do.....sounds like it got a bit more heated :D :D :D

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Actually, the popular vote thing has its usefulness when debunking the fallacy that Pres. Thin Skin won because he had the support of the majority. If he wasn't such a sore winner, that probably would never come up. As evidence, I submit the fact that he beautifully boxed himself up again in a lie about setting some kind of fantasy record in the electoral college. His pathological inability to just take the win and move forward is the reason people are still talking about your aunt's dick. :D

pickled egg likes this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, I saw that online after I posted the first one. :D

9. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

Well if you only count votes from people who actually contribute to society and it's programs he probably won that one :D

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

That did it. :crackup:

11. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

How does that change the fact that he won because Hillary was a terrible candidate?

12. Newsshooter

And who got paid for them, Trump, absolutely no appearance of a conflict whatsoever. :crackup:

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Obviously the term "conflict of interest" is beyond your comprehension.

14. Newsshooter

It was sarcasm, he claimed in his recent press conference that he had the largest win since Reagan, except he was just a little bit wrong, most everyone had a larger electoral vote than Trump.

15. Newsshooter

Yep, president owns company, campaign pays his business, he makes money. He claimed he'd divest himself from his businesses while president, there's no proof that he's done so..... no conflict

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Ta-da!

Not a conflict of interest.

Keep trying.

17. Newsshooter

Certainly legal, still give the appearance of a conflict. Money donated for his campaign is putting money in his pocket, though it takes a circuitous
    route. Holding meetings to interview for a new National Security Advisor at his resort in Florida, no appearance of conflict there either?

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And if he didn't charge his campaign it would be an in-kind contribution to the campaign and run afoul of FEC regulations.

Where's the "duh" button?

Won't get me to defend any doing business outside of emergency measures outside the opulent office the taxpayers already provide for conducting business. Camp David should have been bulldozed decades ago.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  19. Newsshooter

Guess my standards of conflict of interest are higher, guess that comes from being a photojournalist. :D

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You're confusing "damn, if I had a conference center and my campaign has to spend money to rent one, why the fuck would I spend it on someone else's conference center" with "I hate Trump and will parlay any hollow argument into an opportunity to embarrass myself". :D