1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weekend Project Thread........What did you do this past weekend?

Discussion in 'General' started by MotoGP1199, Feb 17, 2017.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Put Galfer lines and pads on my new Bandit along with fresh fluid of course. Getting ready to try the new brakes out shortly.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Was going to mow the final layer of leaves and some other yardwork, but it's raining. Watching a Jackie Chan flick, going to make lasagna later, smoking a pork butt tomorrow and may get some of the yard stuff done then. Hopefully can talk to the boss into a bit more sorting of shit in the basement later this afternoon, would really like to have that totally done before we really get racing.

3. MotoGP1199

MotoGP1199 Well-Known Member

It is 304 SS, 1/4" thick, 24" long x 12" wide. Aluminum would have been a lot easier to work with but I would have been too afraid that it would crack. Plus I was able to order that plate that exact size, so I only had to drill/tap it. Lots of re-sharpening drill bits. Drilled it on my drill press at 300RPM.

Phl218 likes this.
  4. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Very nice job on the Pit Bull system. Very similar to what I made for my trailer to use the l-track rather than drilling through the floor.....

[​IMG]

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

Moved a truckload of shit to the dump and dented the tailgate

6. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

Rob - it's a project for school. Walgreens has a pretty stand count on what it takes to build. My next project is a Home Depot build I've got to build.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  7. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

You're working? Are you off the teet? :)

Oh, I put an Ohlins shock on the Tuono and new Q3's today.

BrianC636 likes this.
  8. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

How is that attached to the airline track? Is is easily moved?

9. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

Depends on the day I guess. Some days I'm on it more than I want to admit. I've got 2 semesters left of school then hopefully I can do a little more as I please without repercussions from the wife.

10. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Update to this weekend,

:D Messed up a double jump at the dirt bike camp track, left me with a swollen left hand and road rash on my right elbow.

In my defense they refaced the track jumps a week ago and I had not seen them until this morning. I was warned though that they were knarly, yep nothing like seeing your bike launch 20' into the air as you bail off and hit the ground in a 3rd gear roll.

Luckily no one saw it and I picked it up and rode 23 miles on the single track on adrenaline. Then I realized I was actually hurt and limped home

Damn good weekend :beer:

V5 Racer likes this.
  11. gapman789

Wife? Still together? She let you drive the new car? just playin' man.
    My ex watched the dog at the house while I was at jennings last weekend. She still owes me $150...told me she gets her income tax next week. :)

Thread jack over.

12. Living like it's tax time :)

13. gapman789

Im dyin' to post up pics of her making out with her gf. Ill save that for a slow, rainy day on the beeb.

14. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

re finished the kitchen cabinets. still need to buy a few more handles. gonna rip out the carpet and tile and put in wood laminate in the next month or so

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Boman Forklift likes this.
  15. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Cleaned up the garage. Talked about starting the bike, but washed the car instead... wife's car.

cortezmachine likes this.
  16. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Using 4 of these (two of them were missing in the picture as I hadn't got them in the mail yet):

[​IMG]

Takes all of 30 seconds to mount/dismount and I can re-position the bike anywhere along the length of track if I need to distribute the weight or shift trailer contents around. Plus this kept me from having to drill permanent, fixed holes in the aluminum flooring.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    MotoGP69 likes this.
  17. MotoGP1199

MotoGP1199 Well-Known Member

Haha, the "I talked about doing......" tends to happen to me a lot on the weekends. Something else always comes up

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Spring is in the air. Went on a mad cleaning spree this morning, moving furniture and vacuuming and filling the garbage cans. Decided I'd had enough of the janky curtain rods in the living room and went shopping, got new blackout curtains and wrap-around curtain rods.

Now the kids are napping and I'm enjoying a cocktail. :beer:

19. caferace

caferace No.

Next Project: Dishes

:D

-jim

20. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Yesterday went to camp to check on the place. Walked around in the woods for a while and played with the dog. Stopped at my dads/brothers farm on the way home for a visit. Now the dog smells like pig farm. :D

Today gave the upstairs bathroom a thorough cleaning, quick trip to Walmart and ran the truck thru the car wash. Lots of throwing the ball for Gunner [never ends]. Fixed the exhaust on the oldest daughters car. Going to take our tax stuff to the accountant tonite at 6.