1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 Dyno comparison (new Gixxer)

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Feb 16, 2017.

1. I saw on facebook where PCR in the UK (which means these were Euro version bikes that didn't have the US restrictions built into them) did back to back dyno comparisons on the 2017 GSX-R1000, 2017 ZX10, and 2016 R1. They were all bone stock, as they came from the factory. All done on the same dyno, using the same rear tire so it would be fair.

Gixxer - 195hp, 86 ft/lbs
    ZX10 - 181hp, 79ft/lbs
    R1 - 184hp, 79ft/lbs

I know dyno numbers don't tell the whole story, and we all know that with an ECU flash and full exhaust, the R1 and ZX can be in the 190's. But seeing how these were all done on the same dyno with the same tire, it does give an indication of how strong the new Gixxer is, especially with the stock exhaust.

Attached Files:

Newyork likes this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Thanks for this brand-new information never seen before on the BBS. :D

Anyone see Johnny B?

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Soooo, using that logic, the R1 and ZX will be in the 190s and the GSXR will be over 200. :D

Swallow your soul!

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

It's on the interwebs so it must be true. :D

5. Technically it isn't a repost of a thread. :moon:

I just now saw where that dyno was posted on the 7th or 8th page of the other thread. I didn't see that when I started this one.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You didn't expect a dyno chart for the new GSXR in the thread about...the new GSXR?

You're special :D

sheepofblue and dtalbott like this.
  7. That is how I would assume it to be.

Assuming they are all equally flashed, had equal exhausts, same fuel, equally good tunes, etc, etc...then I would have to assume the Gixxer will still have a 10ish hp advantage.

But still down on power compared to my 1299S and much heavier. :D

8. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

facebook... big difference.

9. This isn't some dude on TDJ talking about his CBR 600 going 180mph. :crackup:

This is a reputable shop posting dyno results.

Cam Morehead, jt21 and Shenanigans like this.
  10. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I noticed run 067 on zuki and run 007 and 008 on the other two. Don't know how much the messed with it if any. But still impressed either way

11. Yeah, the power curve on the Gixxer looks too perfect. It looks like somebody spend hours tuning the Gixxer, and just slapped the other 2 bikes on there and ran them as is.

jt21 likes this.
  12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Well, Suzuki has been working on this thing for YEARS.

jt21, vizsladog, flyboy and 2 others like this.
  13. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

I think you meant to say "But still down on power compared to Wheel Bearing's future 1299S and much heavier"

Gorilla George likes this.
  14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Hulk smash

[​IMG]

Ra.Ge. Raptor likes this.
  15. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Ummmm, no.

16. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

I am assuming this is a press bike and not something they pulled off a dealer lot. There are a lot of shenanigans that go on with press bikes including engine tuning. I'd be more interested to see what a random bike makes instead.

418 and vizsladog like this.
  17. Like has to wear a hockey helmet everyday special.

dtalbott, Sabre699 and Ty like this.
  18. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

This bike will be tuned and raced. It's not a "press bike" it's a race bike (or will be) , it was not meant to be dynoed (is there such a word? :D ) and numbers to be released to the public. I believe we'll shortly have the numbers of the tuned bike .

Shenanigans likes this.
  19. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

Or maybe they were breaking it in on the dyno. They claim all three bikes were "bone stock as they come from the factory". They even fitted the same tire to all of them!

Shenanigans likes this.
  20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Don't all GSXR's get dyno'd before leaving Hamamatsu anyway? Which kind of makes me chuckle about the whole "breaking it in easy" mentality. Sorry dude but Hachiro already broke it in for you 4 months ago :D :D :D

@ 4:40