1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking Back To 1999, And The MV Agusta F4 Intro At Monza (A Reminder Of What We Do)

Discussion in 'General' started by John29, Jan 26, 2017.

1. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I remember fondling the first one in Ferracci's showroom in 1999 in a way that would have made my girlfriend quite upset. :D

John29 and freeohio like this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That was a good read.

Funkm05, rk97 and John29 like this.
  4. That's the greatest story ever told. I miss long-form journalism.

John29 likes this.
  5. G 97

G 97 Garth

It's nothing short of a miracle where Ducati is positioned today.

John29 likes this.
  6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Awesome article, John. Beautiful machine, too.

John29 likes this.
  7. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

It's a really neat bike, for sure. Have a friend with the seventh one to be imported to the USA. It just sits in his house. He refuses to sell it to me. :(

8. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Eraldo mentioned selling it once. Larry went through the roof. I forget what #/300 it is but I'm thinkin' #6?
    I got dibs. :crackup:

Same song, different note...
    Archives: Eraldo Ferracci: Last of an Era Pt. 1 - Cycle News

scottn likes this.
  9. fixerflyer

fixerflyer Well-Known Member

Great article! Thanks for posting JU.

10. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Great article. I had just started racing when it came out, and I believe this was the first issue I was listed in the results from the local CCS race. I saved the large format magazine for years, until we moved last fall and I finally threw it out. I had already crashed twice, my brother blew up his Honda Hawk, and my family was eyeing me very suspiciously, so I thought at the time that my 4th place Amateur finish at Moroso might be the highlight of my career.

Fortunately it didn't turn out that way....although I am excellent at coming in second, third, or fourth.

John29 likes this.
  11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Still the best looking bike ever made.

12. fastfreddie

And, now, they all look like that...
    Funny how the Japanese bike fans thought it was ugly. Then the Japanese bikes started looking like that...
    Suddenly, the Japanese bikes "became" the best lookin' bikes ever. lol
    Tamburini was the shit.

John29 likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They probably couldn't sell it anyway after what I did to it.

14. fastfreddie

I'm sure it's been disinfected but, for a ride like that, who would complain about sloppy seconds?

15. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Mid 2000's there where a couple 1000 cc versions of that bike racing WERA endurance. Really cool bikes in race trim.

16. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I raced one of the newer generation bikes for 2 seasons and owned one of the first generation Brutale 910. The fit and finish on the 910 was ridiculous. Parts that could only be seen during maintenance were still very nice. The paint and welds were fantastic.

The brutale was better looking and cooler IMO.

V0000105.jpg WP_20130612_003.jpg WP_20140427_17_32_34_Pro 1.jpg WP_20140427_17_32_25_Pro 1.jpg

Attached Files:

17. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

I have a 2007 Brutale 910R. It is an amazing little bike to ride. The geometry of a sportbike with regular handlebars. Came stock with forged wheels, three bolt lowers and 50mm forks. Just an amazing feeling front end.

18. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

If I buy another MV it will probably be a 910R or 1090R Brutale.