1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 SV650

Discussion in 'General' started by Fastway Racing, Dec 25, 2016.

1. :D

I'm sure that conversation wouldn't go well. Every year we go through the same thing, if it was totally up to him I would get rid of everything and only have a couple of R1's (one backup).

He doesn't like me riding smaller bikes. Which says a lot because that R6 is "his baby". He literally has thousands of hours into perfecting every detail and I'd be willing to bet it is one of the fastest MW bikes in the Nation.

I can already see that vein in his forehead popping out if I was to mention going to an SV.

The Grom is different because it is super fun and funny. But when it comes to serious racing, he wants me to only race 1 bike, and he would prefer it be an R1 because he is contracted to the Westby Team and does all their bikes. He knows the R1 like the back of his hand.

cav115 likes this.
  2. I have no idea who this Romanov dude is, but that is at least twice I've seen you mention it. Ima have to do some googling to see if I am being insulted or not. :D

Boman Forklift likes this.
  3. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

or this. :cool:

does he need a name change? :D

although Grim blows your theory out of the water. can't hardly get more "common" than that.... :Poke:

unless he's your husband or your boss, i guess i don't get it. if you wanna race a LW bike, do it.

or if you care that much....maybe race an r1 AND a LW bike. some compromise is important in serious relationships :D

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  4. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Seriously? You shouldn't have admitted to that.

5. There is nothing common about The Grim. :D

I mean yeah, I could race a LW bike (or anything) as long as I was willing to pay for everything and do it all myself. But since it is a partnership of sorts, he has a huge say in what goes on in my "program".

As far as racing a LW and an R1, that is what I'm trying to get away from. I want to try concentrating on just one bike (which is why I'm even considering selling the R6).

rocalotopus likes this.
  6. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

Don't give him any more ideas!! Lol

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. I'm sure it would take some time, but I'm sure I'd ultimately go ok on it. I've raced bikes of all sizes and engine configurations and done pretty well on all of them.

A good thing about changing bikes a lot and racing different bikes all the time is that I can easily adapt to anything.

8. That might be fun. But coming from 353lbs and 202hp+105ft/lbs, it might also be a big let down.

9. WANABE RACER

Is that what that bike seriously ways?

10. The 1299S, yes. That is with 1.5gal of fuel, ready to grid up.

11. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I see Capt. Verbose is back from vacation

12. WANABE RACER

That's just stupid lol

bj likes this.
  13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I think we discussed this in another thread before, but if you want to get better, and I really think you do, I agree moving to one bike is key. Doesn't mean after a couple years of that, you can't explore again, but riding one consistent bike configured the same way is key.

Meaning, it is even difficult to ride two R1's or R6's, with one being super bike and one being super stock.

14. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Whoa whoa lets not be gheying up a LWT thread with this MW and HW gossip and picnic chatter. :crackup:

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I should have used references you are more familiar with. Have you seen the animated movie Anastasia? That family. :D

16. Nope.

But "Bolt" is one of my favorite movies though. :D

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

OK. Just to help move things along, it's based on a real family that once ruled Russia. Didn't end well. Not sure about Bolt's place in history. :D

18. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Bolt made Miley Cyrus happy. So pretty close to the same thing.

19. caferace

caferace No.

Gather your whole family around to help. :D

-jim

20. MikeDeRoche

MikeDeRoche SailCaptain

Traction dynamics did all of the suspension work. They set the fork height. Maybe it should be lowered further? Consider that with a GXR set up it would be lower. To me (a new racer) it feels as if initial turn in is nice and easy but then it wants to go no further. When I tracked my Thruxton I could pretty easily go from dragging a muffler clamp to not dragging. Not so easy with the SV; Thruxton harder to initiate-easy to modulate, SV easy to initiate-harder to modulate. Granted these are two very different bikes but that's all I have to go on.