1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

03 Ducati 999S $5000

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by PitMonster, Nov 27, 2016.

1. PitMonster

PitMonster Active Member

I am reposting my 03 Ducati 999 that I have turned into a 05 999S. The motor was built by Ducati Indianapolis installing the S cams and degreed by Matt Carr. I have installed Ohlins forks (refreshed beginning of the 2016) and Shock (refreshed this year) along with Ohlins steering damper. The swingarm has been swapped for the 05-06 black swingarm along with the exhaust professionally custom modified with wide band o2 ports. There is a PC3 installed for tuning. The rotors are upgraded to Braking floating rotors. The subframe and fairing stay is upgraded to aluminum. I still have the stock forks, swingarm, and shock. The front brake master has been upgraded to a Brembo RCS along with custom brake lines (front and rear). I have extra sprockets (36, 38-41), rear rim, rearsets, clutch slave cylinder, and a few other parts. I have replaced the timing belts mid-season. There is about 6800 miles on the bike. This bike is has a clean title and willing to meet to deliver the bike. Thank you for your time.

Was asking $6500 but will take $5000 obo

https://www.flickr.com/gp/149638623@N02/eGZa98

jfil781 likes this.
  2. sideburn34

sideburn34 Well-Known Member

Where are you located?

3. PitMonster

PitMonster Active Member

Indianapolis

4. Roy Finnel

Roy Finnel Active Member

Do you still have bike? Link appears broken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. PitMonster

PitMonster Active Member

Sold

Roy Finnel likes this.
  6. Roy Finnel

Roy Finnel Active Member

Do you think the Ducati was a reliable track bike. I really wanted one as a first track bike.

7. PitMonster

PitMonster Active Member

Yes I do that was my second track Ducati and I loved it. I sold mine because I didn't need two track bikes.

8. Roy Finnel

Roy Finnel Active Member

Thanks for the input man. I have a 1199. But I'm not confident enough to put it on the track. Want another Ducati like a 749 to play with first.

9. PitMonster

PitMonster Active Member

Those are good but they only make about 90-100hp I would do a 999 because they are about 115-125hp and a strong motor. They are easier to set up and handle better than the 848 in my opinion.

10. Roy Finnel

Roy Finnel Active Member

Yea that's pretty low. I will look one if those. They seem pretty rare

11. Corsa

Corsa Desmo Thunder

if you get a 05/06 749S with just a full system like 50mm and PC3 plus dyno time you will see 112Bhp at the wheel from a stock motor and its an excellent package

12. Roy Finnel

Roy Finnel Active Member

IMG_1133.JPG

Got her in the mail!!

Corsa likes this.