1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hare scrambles?

Discussion in 'General' started by Gino230, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Looking for a place to ride dirt bikes at a beginner level.

I've only been to Miami MX track about 4 times, but the jumps are scary for beginners like me. I was rolling the jumps, but now the place is crowded and there is little to no supervision. Which means you are literally getting jumped over when you are rolling the doubles. Not conducive to learning to ride better.

If you want to ride dirt bikes in South Florida, I believe the only options are Miami MX track (see above) or traveling to a hare scramble or something similar.

I was thinking of doing this event:

http://www.floridatrailriders.org/uploads/flyer/17_season/pbt&tr-2017-flyer.pdf

Suggestions?

2. JAB

JAB Well-Known Member

Croome Riding Area in Brooksville is the best public place I`ve found so far. Probably a bit of a trip from Miami. I`ve done 2 of the FTR Harescrambles so far & they`re well run & fun courses, will also be at the one you posted. May be a little demanding if you`ve just started riding, the whoops can put the beat down on you.

3. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

How long is the course, and how many laps? I have ridden continuously around the MX track for an hour at a time, but not at the hottest pace.....

4. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

See the dirtbike thread. There are people that do hard scrambles in Florida.

5. rcmike917

rcmike917 Well-Known Member

Probably need to hook up with Melka, he's a hard core Florida off road racer.

6. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

usually hare scrambles are two hours for most classes. just try not to start your lap after 1:55 minutes. :)

FTR is a very good group to race with. Not sure about any off road riding in south FL.