1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Ty

Ty Well-Known Member

Aren't the bears having sleepy time?

2. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

You don't ever get up in the middle of the night for a midnight snack? :)

3. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

bears hibernate in the winter, you do have to watch for the wolves. also, the moose aren't nothing to play with... they are mean.

the snowbike is fun as hell. ski

4. karrotx

karrotx Well-Known Member

Speaking of dirt bikes, here's a video of me learning how to hill climb.

This was my second time riding in the dirt, I tried to tackle a black diamond hill climb and I learned a few things.

1. I need to give it way more throttle
    2. I tried standing but I was leaning too far forward which threw me off balance initially, I should have tried to squat over the fender
    3. Video doesn't capture how steep things are
    4. That was stupid amounts of fun
    5. I have a lot of things to learn

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  5. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

More of #1...lots more. That's a heavy bike too, almost impossible to give it too much throttle! Need to attack that hill like your buddy did on his 2 stroke.

6. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Its been a while since ive riden hollister hills. You need to get your weight forward while climbing, up on the gas tank, ideally standing with your torso up over the bars. Idea is to keep the front end from climbing. You need to get and carry momentum, so use the run ups to get some speed up. Gas it, it is really easy to loose momentum climbing so try and keep moving. If you start slowing to much try slipping the clutch to get back into the power (more important with a 2 stroke). Head and eyes up, look where you want to be, not whats right in front of you.

7. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Looked like fun
    See this is what I was thinking. Bc I am
    Just out there for fun and as we can see,
    I have no fucking clue what I'm doing. So I figured start in Beginner, and just try and finish. I'm in good shape, but don't know how to ride well.

The class structure here is
    XC1 Expert
    XC2 Expert Lites
    Intermediate
    Beginner

Oh and one more thing, what are the metal tips on the boots for?

8. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

tap dancing

9. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Fool lol

10. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

A møøse once bit my sister.

Stumpy likes this.
  11. Every night. That's why I'm fat (for me anyways).

12. In the knuckle?

13. Resident Plarp

No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end
    of an interspace toothbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian movies: "The Hot Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Molars of Horst Nordfink"...

terminus est, Stumpy and cajun636 like this.
  14. Resident Plarp

High of 45 today. Headed up to Baldwin to ride the Tin Cup trail in case anyone wants to join. I'm calling in dead to work. :D

cajun636 likes this.
  15. Phl218

Phl218 .

dirtbike in the yard last night, doing tight 8's and lifting the front from standstill...
    rode the road bike to work today though. haven't found a trail going there yet :D

cajun636 likes this.
  16. Only 70 here today.

17. Rode one of mine to the store Sunday. Already has a light on it and zipped tied a plate to it. Sure as shit cop coming other way, no issues. Hard to keep the front wheel down.

18. Phl218

Phl218 .

scdmv sent me a new plate for the grom, could use the old one for the dirty.

cops around here don't really care either. they are happy when they see you wearing a helmet ...
    plus i'd really have some woods and fields to run across, but i'd need to check them out for ditches first. not that i end up on /over my handlebars.

cajun636 likes this.
  19. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

You really are making a lot of excuses to not commute on the dirty bike. Here's a quick tutorial

cpettit, Phl218 and renegade17 like this.
  20. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

I have a shirt with this on it and I always get questions.