1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Krämer Motorcycles U.S.A.

Discussion in 'General' started by Kramermotorcyclesusa, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

Check your PM's.

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Those are sweet ! :clap:

Too bad I'm poor. :(

3. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

Get serious, its only money, you can't take it with you.

4. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

That's a sweet looking bike.

Kramermotorcyclesusa likes this.
  5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I read this three times thinking to my self, "what's the benefit of routing the air intake through the crank bearings?" :D

The KTM LC4 has a completely reworked the cylinder head, new, ultra light and extremely strong piston and connection rod, rerouted the air intake through a resonator chamber and sleeve bearings on the crankshaft.

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

do germans get a Rabatt?

:D

7. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Pfft~! Says the old retired dude sitting on the couch, fondling himself. My couch doesn't sleep worth a hoot, I kinda like sleeping in my bed.

8. For cooling ;). Looks like we need to have a talk with our website guy.

SirCrashAlot likes this.
  9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

So it looks like many of the specs are lifted straight from the KTM site- am I correct that the "S" model uses totally stock motor, wheels, suspension and brakes and you add your own suspension linkage and exhaust? The frame is obviously all new. Is the QS on the R model a KTM part? The extra 6 HP come from a KTM kit? Do you use the OEM gages? I'm not suggesting that the asking prices are out of line- in fact I think anyone would be hard pressed to buy a new 690 and make it as nice as what you're offering for anywhere close to the same cost.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Neat-o.

11. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Neat-o?

What kind of response is that, Nerd? :Poke::crackup:

Better go put your pocket protector in your shirt kid...

12. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Is the Cosmo model coming out soon?

jkraft likes this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What you want, A material? It's a cool looking bike. How about Scatter-Zooooom?

14. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

HAHAHA, You got your lunch money stolen a lot didn't you....:D

15. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

Also
    D Superbike (up to 775cc.....remember me asking about why that displacement Sean?) using Formula rules in DSB
    Coulda even been legal in DSS if they made a street version as well as singles run Superbike specs in DSS.
    These prices are bargain basement. I corresponded with them a couple of years ago before I built my 690 Duke and they were twice the price now being offered. I certainly had that kind of money in my build and used the stock frame (with a custom sub frame)
    I would buy one in a heartbeat if WERA was still racing in the Mid Atlantic.
    They are not a particularly good fit in CCS classes. All the same classes as my Bimota 1100 Ducati except ULWSB. Would be killer WERA DSB and Clubman bikes and run up into any of the SV classes. Hard to understand why there are so few 690 KTMs in the WERA paddocks.
    FWIW, I miss you guys.

rk97 likes this.
  16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Might have been the littlest dog but I had the biggest bite. WOOF! WOOF! WOOF!

17. There are many KTM components used, but not as most would think. For the full parts book, please see the link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/8g847evqqvr6hgp/SparePartsCatalog-HKR-EVO2-2016-EN.pdf?dl=0

The engine in the 2016 later S and R model is the standard KTM LC4 690. The S model receives a custom map for the air box and exhaust design. The R model has the stage one upgrade which gives you a more aggressive timing, increased rev limit to 9500 rpm and a 3D printed high flow intake. These parts are all proprietary to Krämer Motorcycles.

Suspension is WP legs from the 1290 super duke. They have been reworked for the HKR Evo2 with the brake mounts being changed for the use of 290mm rotors and then spacers for the 320mm single disc. Also valving and spring rates are changed. Rear is KTM WP shock with Ohlins TTX spring (spring may vary on needed spring rate for rider). The rear suspension is adjustable travel/rate and two ride heights. 100mm travel straight rate and 120mm progressive rate, again in a low and high ride height option.

The S model does use KTM wheels front and rear, but the R does have special wheels built by OZ Racing for Krämer Motorcycles.

The quickshift on the R and optional on the S is from Translogic.

The gauge is a Koso unit with shift light. The 2016 laters come with speed sensor mounted also.

Fuel tank/tail section is a special part of the bike. Makes for a lower center of gravity and still can hold 3.17 gallons of fuel.

Side shot of the 3D printed high flow intake of the stage one upgrade which is standard on the R model. Shows the cleanable crankcase breather filter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2017 HKR Evo2 R spec with custom frame color option and Akrapovic full system.

[​IMG]

18. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Awesome, thanks for the clarification. I'm going to go check the couch cushions for change...

Kramermotorcyclesusa likes this.
  19. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

But she can...

Sabre699 and Chango like this.
  20. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

After building two Aprilia/RZ hybrids, the prices being charged for each version are more than fair. Safety wire it up and you are good to go with good parts availability. These bikes would make a better spec series bikes than the little 390.