1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snowmageddon 2017

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not yet but someone will be before the night is out I'm sure. Hell, had some moron redneck kill her kid(s) in the rain a couple days back. The stupid people won't give ice any respect either.

Got sleet and freezing rain down in the city. The stuff that was falling when I took the pups out was an icy snow so it wasn't accumulating quick. Got maybe an inch now looking at the camera out front.

2. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

:crackup:I used to drive the tow truck at the Cadillac dealership I worked at. I got to know the local GMAC rep pretty good because he'd sometimes come to the dealership and hire the tow truck to do a repo. After the Blizzard of 1978, stories of plow drivers making a killing triggered mass purchases of snow plow equipped trucks. Some folks got themselves in debt up to their eyeballs. A few of them even traded in both their cars for one plow rig.
    Needless to say, there was not much snow at all the following winter. I saw a lot of Bob, the GMAC guy, the following spring as he collected all the trucks from owners who were behind on the payments.

3. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

Only a light 1/2" ish covering here near Deals Gap. Snowing lightly currently. Calling for 3-4 degrees Sat night. Thats cold enough.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, this will stick around until next week.

5. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Given that we are only about 15 minutes away, we have the same.

6. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

I..I..couldn't help myself.. lol
    [​IMG]

TLR67, Banditracer and roy826ex like this.
  7. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

1" plus of sleet here, pretty socked in. Ice is terrible! Took me hour and 15 minutes to get home in 4wd with fools sliding all around me off the road. Good thing is power is still on!

Precipitations is headed east but what we got ain't going anywhere it's currently 27 here and feels like 18 with a stiff north wind howling.

Big heavy diesel trucks ain't the best ice sleds but I managed to get it home. Damn I hate winter and no way would I even consider moving any further north than I am now.

8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

About 2" here right now and still snowing...

9. roy826ex

This is not from my deck lol shit that was good still laughing :D

My drive home, southern ICE it stops errrythang! That isn't snow that's ice.

[​IMG]

Paige likes this.
  10. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

We are getting mostly ice too.

11. roy826ex

It's bad stuff!

12. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Snowing like a mofo here north of Durham. Haven't seen snow falling at this heavy a rate in a long, long time. Morning should be very interesting for sure. Everyone stay safe. Gonna be a cold, cold weekend.

13. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Precisely. When I was in school my father was the Chairman of the School Committee. He would talk to the Superintendent and the guy who owned the buses the evening before to make a decision. 100% of the time it was the bus company owner who made the decision to cancel school the next day. And I was the first student to know that school was canceled! :clap:

14. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

all ya'll are funny.....went to suburbs in Canton for dinner at co-workers. hes up in the hills above Canton. left with a few inches of snow on the ground, made it back to Holiday Inn just fine.

engine brake down hills, keep your momentum on corners and make sure you take a running start on hills....pfft easy.

Phl218 likes this.
  15. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Holy shit! My BIL got the boy one of those chickens for Christmas. :crackup:

16. Phl218

Phl218 .

Wife has a job downtown today... just went out and checked how the cayenne does on ice covered with wet snow, which is currently also turning into ice due to temperature drop.

Piece of cake so far on summer tires.

Just hoping there are not too many "explorers" out there. As in triple light bar/sideways

17. Wet snow here, maybe 1". Temps dropping a bit though.

18. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

I sure hate to disappoint, so here goes.....
    [​IMG]

And on a slightly more serious note, got the RV Carport just in time. I've had it for about two weeks.....
    [​IMG]

We live about 10 miles outside Maryville (Murvil) and can see the Foothills from our back deck. I would have thought you guys would have gotten more snow over on the other side than we did here.........hmm!

19. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Trim that roof over your trailer before Broome goes into cardiac arrest!

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

It was of the dogs, not my fault they were on the deck :D

used2Bfast likes this.