1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chicago

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Lanceabillion, Jan 2, 2017.

1. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I asked a simple question to gauge a response. You immediately jumped to insults. If you are looking for the asshole, look in the mirror. :crackup:

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

3. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

You're aware of the facts and yet hoping none of us were when you stated stop & frisk was found to be unconstitutional? Gotcha.

Myself? LOL....Wasn't it you who were insinuating that the Republican policy is nearing dictatorship?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  4. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

You asked a simple UNRELATED question [to anything I said previously] cuz you felt like being a PITA <first insult.
    Really? Where? Quote me, where I insulted you?

Au contraire kiddo.

5. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

6. rcmike917

rcmike917 Well-Known Member

I hope you're right....

Mike

7. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

If you think the question is unrelated you're being an idiot. Either you believe a city that is full of liberals is more prone to violence simply because they identify as being liberal (which would make you an idiot), or there are laws, policies, directives, environments, put in place by liberals to escalate the propensities of violence, which is what I asked for that you are too scared to answer. At this point the only conclusion I can draw is you are either an idiot or a coward. Which is it?

8. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Why is this so hard?

People of color gravitate towards liberal cities because of greater access to social programs, lax law enforcement, and just a general misguided belief that they're better off in Democrat led areas.

People of color also commit considerably more murders and violent crimes than others.

Therefore liberal cities which have a high representation of people of color also have a higher amount of crime and violence.

The reasons for this are more likely socioeconomic but unfortunately economic lines closely follow racial lines thus making it easy to conflate the actual root cause of the problem which is likely economic and not race-based.

In other words Democrat plantation's are shit holes because more Democrats live in them.

Orvis and DrA5 like this.
  9. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Stop using those pesky facts. It ruins the misguided narrative.

10. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

This story deserves its own thread. It truly is disgusting. 48 hours torturing a mentally handicapped kid? Throw the book at them.

Chicago police chief came out this AM and said "not a hate crime", even in direct contradiction of the available evidence on the video. I've long been a critic of the idea of "hate crimes" in the first place. All criminals should be given same/similar sentences for the same crimes. However, given their existence, it's hard to appreciate the lack of application when the victim isn't a minority.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

be my guest :beer:

12. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

deserving and getting aren't always the same :)

Just might get a little lost in this particular liberal/conservative who runs worse cities battle...

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

This.

Those fucks deserve Marcellus Wallace and his blow torch and pliers.

They'll get the key to the city and a ticker tape parade.

14. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Bunch of E-thugs in here.

Killing the beeb

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're delusional. There is no huge influx of black peeps moving into the crime ridden areas of Chicago. No one is moving to Detroit by choice.

The reasons are socio economic more than race so you're right there. But your conclusion is not.

Fonda Dix likes this.
  16. G 97

G 97 Garth

But are some of the socio-economic conditions created by the people living there. Are some of the issues self inflicted to some degree.

What impact does a culture of unwed/single moms having kids with no support from fathers/males with raising kids have.
    What impact does a culture of having a code conduct that encourages non cooperation with police for fear of being labled a snitch have.

Where is the outrage from the people who are directly impacted from this violence. Why does there seem to be an acceptance of certain behavior(s) that have a negative direct impact on socio-economic conditions.
    No question that socio-economic factors weigh heavily with what is going on but I don't think you can completely discount the culture of a certain race with help creating these socio-economic conditions to a degree.

XFBO likes this.
  17. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Personally, I think he's a lot closer to being accurate than you're willing to give credit. They certainly weren't the only factors but they sure as hell are contributing factors...... Along with less dependency for cars, being around like minded folks and people you generally feel more comfortable around. I've gone to school and worked with many people of color over my lifetime, it's not only poor folk who feel that way.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He started with the premise that people are rushing to these cities because of liberal policies. That is bullshit. People went to the big cities back in the day for jobs, not for welfare.

I've been around plenty of people who feel stuck in their situations and I get they see no way out. But that's got nothing to do with what he was saying.

sheepofblue likes this.
  19. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

This is a fact in Minneapolis and you won't find a person that will deny it. In fact, I've heard those minorities that moved here state that as the reason.

Fonda Dix likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ain't no way in hell a black person is moving that far North just for handouts :crackup: