1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brand new Armourbodies shipping damage

Discussion in 'General' started by BROsiah, Dec 29, 2016.

1. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Fuck no I'm not joking!
    What do you think the turn around time is to ship back and wait on a new to arrive? What if it's cracked again? 2 weeks?

By the time a rookie watches a YouTube video and repairs "those cracks" he's got 4 hrs in it! Me, I'd have 30 mins in it and be painting 2 hrs later.

Relax your man bun hommie! It's fiberglass, shit happens like those cracks all the time. Besides, 10 minutes into his install, the exact same thing is going to happen! First hole drilled will probably chip away the gel the size of a quarter! ( not saying it will, but it could)

I've got a 50k street rod with a fiberglass body that has the same exact shit. 4 days in just repairs!

As the others have said, it's a racebike, go race!!

5axis likes this.
  2. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I don't care if it's a race bike. That issue should be addressed. However, I wouldn't want to wait for another set (or pay the shipping on that box to send it back). I'd rather have Swenson fix it and use any costs on the vendors end to cover it (however you/they want to work it). Shipping on those big boxes isn't cheap.

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. madkaw

madkaw Meh...

If it was a blemish or two I'd probably keep it but still make it known the condition it came. But that looks like it's been put through the ringer a little harsh. I'd address it with Woodcraft and go over the options....either send it back for replacement or have them discount the damaged parts enough to cover costs for painter to fix and prep.

4. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I will just never understand the near-constant pitch by many folks on here that "It's a race bike. It's just going to get beat up anyways."

I'd like to hear anybody that orders a new shit-hot race replica Arai helmet only to discover the clear-coat bubbling up when you take it out of the box........because I can guaran-damn-tee every single person is going to go full nuclear rather than "Meh, I'm just going to beat it up at the track anyways."

If you don't hold manufacturers accountable for the quality of their product, they inevitably just get worse.

5. jaybirdka

jaybirdka Well-Known Member

:stupid:
    To add to this... a reputable manufacture will want to know if there is a defect in their product that they are unaware of so a corrective action can be put in place to prevent it from possibly happening in the future.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

This isn't the same thing as a defect in a product. It's a product that is impossible to ship without any chance of damage. Especially this time of year when the shippers are even more destructive due to volume and temporary personnel. There's just no way to ship bodywork and guarantee its safety without putting it in a hard sided crate - which would cost more to ship than the product it protects.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  7. :stupid:

8. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

There is truth to that, sure.

However, if the box isn't damaged then it comes down to quality of the product, and the fiberglass on a product like Armourbodies (that touts itself as a viable alternative to a "premium" product like Sharkskinz) should not have cracks like that.

9. Totally agree with this. Just keep in mind the manufacturer didn't do anything wrong. This wasn't Woodcraft's fault at all, and I'm sure they would make it right.

But I have also never understood the "it's just a race bike" thing. It doesn't matter if it is a race bike or Street bike or anything else. I want it right.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Even Sharkskinz can be damaged with the box not showing visible abuse.

11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I blame the Russians.

12. joec

joec brace yourself

That body work was supposed to go to king of prussia.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Barring time constraints, I would never accept a new product that is not in perfect condition. It's my prerogative to break my own shit. :D

14. We appreciate all the responses and Josiah for voicing his concerns.

He contacted us this morning with his issues and concerns. At Woodcraft we always stand behind our products and will do what is right by the customer!

15. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

Great people there and even better parts.

16. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

There was never a doubter amongst us that the customer would be made 100% satisfied. Rock on.

P.s. I have armorbodies on one of my race bikes. :beer:

17. BROsiah

BROsiah Well-Known Member

Just for the record i did not post this in anyway to bash you guys . I was just wondering if this is a quick fix or will it continue to crack .

Shenanigans likes this.
  18. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

I think this thread was a great example of people not bashing a product and giving sound advice.

It would have been interesting if the manufacturer wasn't named to see how many pitchforks were readied.

19. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Few things...

Woodcraft is a great company that already has solutions for things like this before they happen. Follow their instructions and they'll make it right. The only thing the Wood family and their crew needs is a pocket full of Rs when they talk to us non Johnny B New Englander types so we can understand them ;) (one time on a new model frame slider there was a spacer size issue, I called Woodcraft to let them know, then explained how I fixed it easily using one of the OEM pieces, by time I got back from Daytona Woodcraft had sent a kit to me, although I had it covered, and I'm sure to everyone that purchased them, that's people who care, racers doing what racers should)

Armour Bodies is great bodywork and way better than Sharkskinz in my opinion and unlike Sharkskinz they care when something isn't right and their quality is below par. From North Bay until now, they've handled the transition well and Woodcraft representing them is icing on the cake.(I bought my very last set of Sharkskinz in a pinch, when Armour Bodies wait was too long and SS had them. When they arrived the finish was horrible, I'm talking Beasely bad, AirTech bad, I took pics and called them to let them know as I certainly would want to know they were shipping bad mold pulls with no repair or primer prep. I had called them the last time I had a bad set of theirs, thought it was a fluke, turns out they don't care. It seems they are using their name to sell bodywork, letting the quality suffer until they call it quits. Can't imagine why else they wouldn't care. I wasn't asking for anything, it wasn't damaged in shipping, just a bad product that I had to repair and paint, thought they cared, they didn't.)

I've painted from MotoGP to Wera club bikes for over 20 years and all of them always get the same quality. None of this just a race bike BS, there is no excuse for doing a shitty job and making excuses for them. If it's worth doing then do it right and do it with products from manufacturers and their retailers that share that mentality.

dsmitty37 likes this.
  20. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

When you deal with a lower volume, oversize specialty product, sometimes shit happens. While I've never had the luxury of buying new bodywork (har, har) I've repaired a bunch of it and those fixes are no biggie. I'd call them and let Woodcraft know (which you did) and see if they'll make it right to your satisfaction (which they will) . For me, the repair is not worth the time waste or the shipping hassle, and I enjoy the garage time. Same thing happened with a catback I ordered for my car. Showed up with weld spatter on the tips. I contacted the manufacturer and they offered to exchange it, no problem. I just asked them to check their inventory so no one else has an issue, and spent an hour or so in the garage cleaning it up and re polishing. Of course, I have a shit ton of spare time, so, YMMV :D

Boman Forklift likes this.