1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. [​IMG]

Solo ride for my birthday yesterday.

[​IMG]

4" deep mud, ice and snow. Tossed me off the bike twice on the black diamond trail. also did two HUGE hill climbs first one at least 400ft tall and the second one was really technical and tossed me off haha.

[​IMG]

view from the top of the trail

[​IMG]

end of the day.

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

You sore???

3. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I hate slick conditions, I crashed out 3 times Christmas Eve day ride at the camp. I rarely crash once but 3 friggin times in one day. 2 of those were at a good clip. Dry leaves covering slick roots = Bad combination.

Hill tops were fairly dry but bottoms and slopes were still pretty damp. More rain coming in this weekend so I'm pretty much done there this year.

4. Yeah. Unbelievably sore. Doesn't help that Monday was one of my personal training sessions and I could barely lift my arms or walk afterwards. And then I rode for 4 hours straight yesterday.

One of the best times I've had riding though.

The new 450 is amazing. I fucking love this thing. Only thing that was a little bit of a bummer was the 5.5psi of air in the rear tire that I apparently forgot to check before I left the shop.

5. Same, I rarely crash. Yesterday I crashed more than I have the entirety of 2016.

6. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

that's part of what makes it fun. I had a 200 and a 450 and both are gone now. I'll get another little bike in the future. but a lot of my friends are more entry level riders, so riding the 450 was somewhat boring, so riding the 950 in the same places makes it a challenge. I've done three or four hare scrambles on the 950, but the challenge is to just finish the race. I don't get stuck or anything, but it does wear me out. I do a decent amount of dual sport riding with it, but try to make it as much dirt as possible.

around here, it's fun even at places like Highland Park. I can ride most of their 2 and 3 diamond trials, and have done a couple of the 4 diamond trails (out of 5) but they can be challenging if I haven't pre ridden them. lol.

I was thinking maybe a 150xc set up for my weight if I want to ride really technical stuff. I've got a couple of friends that do enjoy that kind of stuff but even the 450 was hard to ride in really gnarly stuff. plus three or four friends have bought the 950 SE's so we can all join in the misery of overweight trail bikes. :)

418 likes this.
  7. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

I must be doing something wrong. I crash every time I ride. Here I am almost crashing at a hare scrambles in June. Pulled out a second place despite my atrocious riding style. :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Didn't you post a pic last week on a Gas Gas ? Still changing bikes frequently ? :D

9. jim weaver

jim weaver Well-Known Member

well at least you were on a two smoke . much more flickable. mine is a wr 250 and works but not as well, but the magic button really helps when you are tired.

10. t500racer

Started the season on the Green Meanie. Finished it on the Spanish Pig. :D

11. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

KDX ? I'm hangin' on to my '03 KDX, even though I got a new '13 WR450F. The KDX is pretty awesome in the tight stuff.

12. rcmike917

rcmike917 Well-Known Member

You had a good year in vchss, nice job...as you know racing Hare-scrambles is pretty much like crack lol, nice job on the Gas Gas.

I don't really post much but couldn't help myself, dirt bikes are just awesome..

Mike

13. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

most riders starting out dirt bike racing, mx or offroad (enduro/harescrambles) just go a little too fast. Backing off 10% and staying on the bike will take ya further.. faster. A little tip over in a corner isn't anything to worry about during a 2 hour race. "Yard-saling" the thing a couple times a race, no good.

used2Bfast likes this.
  14. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Beautiful. Nothing better than riding a dirty bike on a nice winter day. Where is this? This looks like maybe somewhere in San Bernardino County.

15. Hungry Valley right off the 5 in Gorman. I love it there, its got something for everyone and you can ride all day and not see the whole place. Such a good time. Trying to go ride every other week there.

16. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

Today
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This entire powerline rightaway was burned in the NC fires.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. t500racer

Yup. 1989 KDX200. Showa 49mm twin chamber forks from an RM, RB carb and head, WER valving and damper. Makes me smile every time. I loved lining up next to modern bikes on that thing. Got quite a few podium finishes with it this year too....

[​IMG]

used2Bfast and roy826ex like this.
  18. t500racer

Thanks! Never raced off road until this year, now I'm hooked. Dirt bikes are awesome. I'm enjoying my third or fourth childhood at 42!

[​IMG]

cajun636 likes this.
  19. Phl218

Phl218 .

Another late childhood entry here at 37.

Anyone ever put a light kit on a crf450?

:D

[why can't I upload iOS screenshots? - the regular pictures are always too large...]

20. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

cajun636 likes this.