Does PayPal cover this?

Discussion in 'General' started by 2old4this??, Feb 20, 2004.

1. 2old4this??

2old4this?? Well-Known Member

I`m wanting to buy a bike using PayPal. Will PayPal cover my purchase if it turns out to be a scam? I`ve read the " buyer protection policy" and best I can tell, I`m only covered for $500.00. Anybody have experence with this? Is there a better way? I`m in Tennessee and the bike is in Texas, so driving to pick it up would suck. Any ideas? Thanks ya`ll !!!

2. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

If I was you, I'd consider using an escrow service if you're buying a bike cross-country.

3. r6khari

r6khari Well-Known Member

I would drive to Texas. If possible, see if the guy can meet you in Arkansas or Louisiana.

4. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Absolutely you will get no protection from PayPal...it is their mission to assume no responsibility...

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Or ask someone on this BBS to check it out for you...

Where in Tejas?

6. 2old4this??

2old4this?? Well-Known Member

Thanks everybody. Thats kinda what I could gather from paypal`s " buyer protection policy". He said the bike is in El Paso Texas.

7. 600inline4

600inline4 Mentally unstable

ditto

what Dr. Thunder said.

i filed a complaint with PayPal for a seller that refused to send an item. PayPal said they looked into it, ruled in my favor, but could not do anything........

screw them. they get their money regardless, and don't care about someone getting screwed. why would they..........

it's win-win for them............

8. tippy434

tippy434 Well-Known Member

Why not use a credit card through Paypal. If Paypal wont help you, I'm sure your credit card company would. NO service, No product claim.

9. wsmc667

wsmc667 Well-Known Member