1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How was your day?

Discussion in 'General' started by fastfreddie, Dec 7, 2016.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Lifted from another forum...

"I decide to water my garden. As I turn on the hose, I look over at my car and decide it needs washing. As I start toward the garage, I notice mail on the table that I collected from the letter box earlier. I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car. I lay my car keys on the table, put the junk mail in the rubbish bin under the table, and notice that it is full. So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the rubbish first. But then I think, since I'm going to be near the post-box when I take out the rubbish anyway, I may as well pay the bills first. I take my cheque book off the table, and see that there is only 1 cheque left. My extra cheques are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house to my desk where I find the cup of tea I'd been drinking. I'm going to look for my cheques, but first I need to push the tea aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over. The tea is getting cold, and I decide to put it in the microwave to warm it up. As I head toward the kitchen with the tea, a vase of flowers on the bench catches my eye - they need water. I put the tea on the bench and discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning. I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers. I set the glasses back down on the worktop, fill a container with water and suddenly spot the TV remote control. Someone left it on the kitchen table. I realise that tonight when we watch TV, I'll be looking for the remote control, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the front room where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers. I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor. So, I set the remote control back on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill. Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day: the car isn't washed, the bills aren't paid, there is a cold cup of tea sitting on the bench, the flowers don't have clean water, - there is still only 1 cheque in my cheque book, I can't find the remote control, I can't find my glasses and I don't remember what I did with the car keys. Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all day, and I'm really tired. I realise this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail."

This is what happens when I don't go riding...

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

FTFY

hopefully you'll remember to come back and check this thread later...

MikeR likes this.
  3. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

That's exactly how my wife "gets things done", like a damn hummingbird but never really accomplishes much. The major difference in that story and her is she would never look at the vehicle and think it needed to be washed, they can never be too dirty.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I read the beginning of the post and then got distracted by email and then motomatters, rrw, yahoo, had to run out for smokes and never got back to reading it.

5. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Want to know what it's like being Broome. Because that's being Broome. :D And me for that matter.

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

if it's worth doing, it's worth to be done right.

if it's worth to be done right, it's worth to get finished.

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

aside from the 2 smart sentences, multitasking sucks.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Joke's aside, this is how every damn day at work goes. I'll start the day with a clearly defined list of things that need to be done. Then all of the sudden it's 7pm and MAYBE one or two of the 10 things that needed to be done are actually finished. I waste 80% of my day putting out stupid little fires or running in circles doing things for other people so it gets done right (because I'll end up re-doing it later if I don't help). :mad:

Boman Forklift and SWAT_Spyder76 like this.
  9. SWAT_Spyder76

SWAT_Spyder76 Well-Known Member

Can I get an amen?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk