1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for race ready SV650/FZ07 SS

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Andres Villalba, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Andres Villalba

Andres Villalba Active Member

Looking for race ready SV650/FZ07 super sport preferably close to south Florida.

2. Alexxx642

Alexxx642 Member

3. Alexxx642

Alexxx642 Member

I have 99 ready to go.. Won state and Nationals with it 407 435 8583

Attached Files:

4. J_Copeland

J_Copeland Well-Known Member

I have one in Ohio going up on here soon.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

5. Andres Villalba

Not really a fan of carburetors but to be honest don't know much about SVs , I just find them like a step in between my 300 and a 600. I'm sure if the carburetor bikes are faster I can learn quickly to like them. :)

6. Alexxx642

Alexxx642 Member

Well m not to far away on Orlando... 407 435 8583 for questions

7. Alexxx642

Alexxx642 Member

8. hoff291

hoff291 Active Member

I have 2 SV's that have just been completely rebuilt. One is a 04 Super Bike build and the other is a 06 Super Sport Build. Included will be enough spares so build a 3rd SV if you wish (spare motor, harness, ECU, Throttle Boddies, Subframe, Upper fairing stay and many more parts. I have won countless class championships(CCS) with these bikes and they have zero hrs on the refresh. Only dyno break in and tuned. If you are serious about purchasing then feel free to call me for all the details. 240-762-2721. Steve Hoffman

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Do some searching on here and you can learn a bunch about SV's. If you really want a SS SV and you want to have a top bike, I would get a 04-06, with cartridges, dynojet, quick shifter, and a good pipe. Supposedly the carb'd ones are down a bit in power in SS form and the newer dual plug heads are down a bit too.

You can make front suspension emulators work well, but if you run a bunch of tracks, you may have to make major changes that require fluid viscosity or level changes. You can basically do the same thing on a cartridge equipped bike by turning a few adjusters. I wanted to make this easier on myself.

We went SBK, because at the time, few raced SS here, plus a good setup SS was more money, than a good setup SBK.

10. Andres Villalba

Hey Rob thanks a lot for your advise this really helps. At the beginning I was thinking on the FZ07 but its a lot of money and it seems CCS wont let the FZ race the SVs in the same class.
    I have a few friends racing nice SVs for cheap and I thought to join them but it doesn't seem to be a lot of these bikes in Florida.
    Once again thank you for your advise I will keep an eye for those years 04-06. :)

11. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

FZ07 is legal for every CCS class the SV is except ultralight superbike... which still leaves 5-6 classes for the FZ07. LWSS, LWSBK, LWGP, GTL, TBK, and LWF40.

12. Andres Villalba

hmmm I can swear I read something about the FZ not allowed with the SV but I cant find the article right now , I guess I must wait until they release the 2017 rule book.

13. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

It' is out. What you read was about someone asking to get FZ07 allowed in Ultralight SBK which was denied as the class has a 650cc limit.

14. Andres Villalba

I almost ruled out the FZ just because of that, thanks for the info!