1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha FZ07r

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by ircsmith, Nov 10, 2016.

1. ircsmith

ircsmith Member

This bike was built to race in the AFM Twin series. Unfortunately the main race this bike was built for has been gridded with the same class I started racing with and want to continue. Since I can’t race two bikes at once I have decided to go a different direction. Hence my just built FZ07 needs a new pilot.

The bike was salvaged but it has just come back from the GP Frame and Wheel “spa” where it got a little chiropractic work done and came out with a clean bill of health. The swing arm down angle is correct while the trail has been set to 97mm. Gerry did a fantastic job of ensuring the steering stops were correct and even found that the front axle needed to be replaced. That is how extensive his investigation was.

The steering stops were off because the front of the bike has been replaced with one off an '08 R6. The lower triple off the R6 fit great after the bearings were replace with tapered roller bearings from all balls. Gerry made modifications to the seals to reduce the drag on steering head and checked the bearing seats. He's Good!

Front brakes are made up of R6 calipers with a freshly rebuilt Brembo master. Lines are Goodridge Superbike Pro. The calipers bite down on a new set of Braking wave rotors. The front wheel is a throwback. Its a PM chicane spun aluminum that was machined to fit the R6 forks.

Bodywork is from AP Motor arts. The ECU was reflashed by AP and their quick shifter was added as well.

The rear suspension is made up of a Penske 8987 that was revalved by Evolution to match the FZ. But wait you say, the Penske will not fit the FZ. All things being equal you would be correct. But things are not equal. I made the rear linkage to fit the Penske, well.......because I could. Modeling the stock linkage and what I wanted the new linkage to be, it ended up 33% lighter and 50% more rigid than stock. The stock rise of the linkage was maintained for want of a better setup. After riding the bike I think that was good place to start.

So to recap

AP bodywork
    AP ECU flash
    AP Quick shifter
    '08 R6 front forks
    Brembo master cylinder
    Braking rotors
    Custom top triple clamp from Alcoa 7075 premium Aluminum
    Penske 8987 freshly rebuilt and revalved, sprung for 180-190 lb rider
    Custom Shock linkage from Alcoa 7075
    Guaranteed straight with a great geometry baseline

Things I did not mention yet

Custom top clamp means no key, so a Woodcraft key switch harness was put in place. No key! Flip the kill switch and hit the start... that’s it.
    Woodcraft bars
    Vortex rearsets on custom side plates. These plates are......Alcoa 7075! With three peg positions.
    Yoshimura R77 full exhaust system
    Antigravity 4 cell battery (can you say 1.1 lbs?)
    New DID V2 Pro chain with Pit Bull 44 and 45 rear sprockets. Vortex 15T front.
    Vortex gas cap.
    Custom quick action shift arm (with a spare)
    CRG clutch lever
    Graves Swing arm spools
    R6 throttle tube

Less than 4800 miles on the bike. ignore my poorly painted number plates. you are going to get custom plates from Serious RnD anyway right?

Add it all up and I think $8200 is a fair asking price. 20161109_083732.jpg 20161109_083832.jpg 20161109_083742.jpg

2. ircsmith

ircsmith Member

3. Dayon

Dayon Active Member

Location?

4. ircsmith

ircsmith Member

yea that might help.

Sunnyvale CA

5. ircsmith

ircsmith Member

back to the top!

6. racerfast

racerfast Member

Just wondering if you would be interested in just sell the AP fairings????

7. ircsmith

ircsmith Member

no sorry. if the bike does not sell I will need them to race it.

and to help sell it the price has been dropped to $7400

8. NinjaRick

NinjaRick Member

I know this is old but did this bike sell ?

9. NOVARC51RACER

NOVARC51RACER Well-Known Member

What weight is the bike currently set up for?