1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend a podcast

Discussion in 'General' started by L8 Braker, Nov 10, 2016.

1. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

I'll be in the cage for about 4 hours tomorrow, and thought I'd try something new (I've never once listened to one).

Any suggestions are appreciated.

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Adam Carolla.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  3. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

Serial

Wait..... you've never listened to one at all?

In that case, Hardcore History by Dan Carlin

SLOhio, pawpawrc and bleacht like this.
  4. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

Check out Ken Hill's podcast in the Racer information section here. Very good stuff.

5. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Hardcore History but 4 hours and gonna cut it....maybe for one or two podcasts.

SnacktimeKC and DirtTrackin221 like this.
  6. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Just started listening to hardcore history. Good stuff! If you're into motocross then check out Pulp MX.

7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

The Bugle....

The thing about podcasts, be prepared to never ever again listen to commercial radio in your car.

crazywolf450r likes this.
  8. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I've been listening to Dan Carlin for months and I'm STILL not done... I've been through most of Hardcore History and a good portion of Common Sense. Since there's over 300 of them, I'm being selective now...

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Steve Austin Unleashed.

10. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

If you like to laugh, Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast

Laz and R1Racer99 like this.
  11. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

12. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

What is the best way to listen to podcasts? Download an app or straight from a website?

I feel like Steeltoe.

13. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

meateater podcast

14. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

I tried. I really like Bill Burr but his podcast focuses on football. I cannot listen to that.

15. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Yea, he touches on sports for a solid 10-15 every episode, which if you don't like sports can be off putting. But he comes at them from the angle of being a self aware fanatic and because of his outbursts of anger his rants are funny to me.

16. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

I use an app called podcast republic. I download and play through bluetooth to my truck or garage radio.

Putter likes this.
  17. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

If you're into movies, collider movie talk is the best. if you're into the random, the Joe Rogan Experience is good. Paddock Pass Podcast is good if you like David Emmitt from Motomatters. Lore is good for supernatural stuff.

18. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Sometimes it depends on the podcast. I like an app called Overcast. I can search, or provide my own link from the web. It will download and manage podcast subscriptions for me. Also, it has a speed adjuster. One or two stock/options trading podcasts I listen to, the hosts speak really slowly.

19. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

BrotoGP for some MotoGP infotainment. www.brotogp.com or on iTunes

iOS has a built in Podcast app that manages the downloads and playback. I think Android does as well.

20. Laz

Laz The New Guy

The Joe Rogan Experience, Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast, Adam Carolla's, and Your Moms House for some silly humor.