1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Endurance Race

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by Will9465, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Will9465

Will9465 Well-Known Member

Will my 08 150r survive a 12 hour endurance race?

2. swampape

swampape Well-Known Member

Depends on how fresh the top end is. I've put a ton of hours on mine and it's still running strong.

3. Will9465

Only 12 hours or so on the engine. Would of course have fresh oil before. I'm pretty positive it would be fine, just seeing if others had experience.

4. swampape

Yea, sorry I don't have endurance experience specifically but I do know I've been properly abusing my 150 since I've got it and it's doing great. That reminds me, maybe I'm due for a top end hmmmmm.....

Where is the endurance race?

5. Will9465

Bushnell motorsports park in northern/central FL. 12 hour from 9 am to 9 pm.

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

who is going to be riding it?? What kinda tires?
    Figure ~650 laps... give or take.

7. Will9465

Groups of at least 4. I usually ride Bridgestone slicks v02's. A new front will last me, but the last rear I had only lasted about 12 hours so it will be close. Is 650 a good guesstimate? You guys going?

8. swampape

Didn't think about tires. You're going to roast that rear!

Wish I could go but I'm injured. Hope to make it to the next one.

9. Will9465

I'm only concerned about the rear. I'm thinking maybe a hard would be better than medium but I've never felt the difference of a hard tire.

10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I dont know what fast lap times are around Bushnell... I assumed under a minute & just did a simple guess at the max # of laps per hour.
    Are the classes combined or something? Seems like the grom/xr/ttrs are evenly matched & could go the distance with just fuel & rider swaps. A 150r would be way above any of those in terms of performance.

11. Will9465

They said they would have everyone go out at once. The team with most laps wins. It will be interesting to see how many bikes turn out. If anyone is interested in joining my team I am all for it. We have 3 guys right now committed with another 4 on the fence. The race is Saturday Dec 10th with a free practice day Dec 9th.

12. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

Check your valves before and after. Does your 150R burn oil? Stock valve springs?

13. Will9465

Stock valve springs and it's a new engine only 12-13 hours on it

14. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

We noticed the stock springs getting weak quickly. Just check the valves before and after the race, cold to cold or hot to hot. See if you need to change shims after the race. IMHO

15. Will9465

Ok thanks ! Will do

16. racer123

racer123 Member

I'm so excited for this weekend!!! I'll see you there!!

17. Will9465

You're going?? What team? Ill see you there!

18. Will9465

Reporting back after the race... My 150r ran for 6 hours, a tire and fluids change, then another 5.5 hours. Ran like a champ! Now I'm gonna check the valves. No issues besides slipping gears sometimes.

RFairbairn likes this.
  19. RFairbairn

RFairbairn Well-Known Member

Great to hear. So you changed the oil at the half way point? What kind of oil you running? Let us know how the valve lash checked out. Setting up a couple for my son so just curious.

Cam Morehead likes this.
  20. Will9465

We originally were gonna do 2 oil changes, but between the team above us and the team below us we were all only a few laps away from each other. We had the 150r and then a 125 to ride while the 150 was down for maintenance and the 125 was killing our lap times. So we decided to only stop for 1 oil change. I run full synthetic 20-50. I haven't had the chance to check my valves since the race, I'll do it by this weekend. I lost a slider or two and the nut that holds the Kickstarter vibrated off, so I have to order that. I'll let you know the valves when I do.

RFairbairn likes this.