1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ecu help

Discussion in 'Tech' started by gelme, Oct 20, 2016.

1. gelme

gelme Well-Known Member

lithium battery fire caused ecu to go out (2006 gsxr 750). trying to get it running for as cheap as possible. my bike currently has a full system exhaust with pc3/ignition module and quick shifter. if i replace the ecu(est $400), does it have to be remapped(est $300)?? thanks for any input

2. gelme

gelme Well-Known Member

the 06/07 gsxr 600 ecu has a different part number from the 06/07 750 ecu. can i install the 600 ecu in a 750??

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Curious (if you don't mind mentioning), what kind of battery and what causes it to combust? Hooked up to a lead-acid battery tender/charger?

4. gelme

gelme Well-Known Member

It was a full spectrum P2, charged with a full spectrum power pacemaker charger. Used this combo for 3 years never had a problem. The bike died turn 3 at daytona 5th practice lap, pulled off the track and smoke was pouring out from under the seat. I dont know if a bad voltage regulator or stator can cause this. I need to get it running to check the stator.

5. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

No.

6. Will9465

Will9465 Well-Known Member

Why is an ecu that expensive? Ebay it

7. Juha750

Juha750 Active Member

Yes, if you flash 750 bin to it. 600&750 ECUs are the same expect they have different bin files.