Anyone here ever attend Comic Con???

Discussion in 'General' started by madkaw, Oct 20, 2016.

1. madkaw

madkaw Meh...

I need some assistance. I've been trying to navigate through their website and the whole event just seems overwhelming. My oldest daughter and I are both a bit of comic book nerds and of course Marvel movie nerds. We would love to attend the New York Comic Con next October but where do I even begin as far as ticket purchases? What are some of the highlights we should be looking forward to? What should we avoid?

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

[​IMG]

flyboy and madkaw like this.
  3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

As a lifelong spidey-fan.......I avoid that shit like the plague!!Although the cosplay girls are seriously hot.........for the most part:p

4. madkaw

madkaw Meh...

Even Ogre gave in...

[​IMG]

auminer likes this.
  5. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Looks like you have to join a list, they let ya know purchasing is available.
    Comic Con in San Diego sells out in minutes.
    They give past attendees first option to re-purchase tickets.

6. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

7. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

This sounds like a question for Lawn Dart.

8. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I've just seen the crowds coming out of it locally and yes- there may have been some really sexy and nurdy ladies.

9. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Are they even really family friendly events?
    I mean some of the pics of Cosplay girls I see if I had kids I doubt I would want them to see that. LoL.
    (Fwiw I haven't read a comic book since I was Prolly 8 years old so I'm just commenting on pics I see from the events)

Ride safe,
    AAron

10. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

I just watch Big Bang from time to time, it's enough.

11. joec

joec brace yourself

The real comicon is in California..The guy who sublets from me is invited every year since he's like a famous illustrator and shit. There are definitely some heavy hitters that show up.

madkaw likes this.
  12. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Some fine ass bitches at them things. I ain't lying.

sanee and madkaw like this.
  13. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I take my daughter (she's 8 this year) to the parade in atlanta most of the years. it's fun to people watch and she enjoys the costumes and the people as well. I haven't been to any of the other stuff associated with the event, but it's a big deal here in Atlanta when it comes to town. I think you'd be fine with kids at the events, but I only have been around the ATL one so maybe others are different.

madkaw likes this.
  14. Seeley

Seeley Well-Known Member

I'd skip Comic Con simply because it's industry driven and come to DragonCon in Atlanta over Labor Day Weekend. Fan driven, extremely diverse interests, family friendly during the day, ridiculous at night.