Things you thought about on long straights.

Discussion in 'General' started by caferace, Oct 16, 2016.

1. caferace

caferace No.

Now granted, I always raced small displacement bikes so I had a fair bit of time to reflect.

I can sincerely say, in an eight lap race I remember that once I got back to my pit I had a full grocery shopping list in my head, Just from thinking about it on the straight.

-jim

wait ,,. The End

2. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Couple of years ago I raced a CBR250 against the ninjettes. On the back straight at Road Atlanta, I was literally singing Master of Puppets outloud in my helmet while drumming with my left hand on the gas tank as all the ninjettes passed me and walked away. I was giggling too. Lol.

3. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

I had my hand on the clutch listening for the slightest hint that the motor might be starting to tie up. If I thought of anything it was probably about how bad it would suck if it seized at that speed and how much it would hurt to get run over by half the pack.

4. kyle carver

kyle carver Well-Known Member

Many years ago I was racing a GPZ 550 in a 6 hour race. Bike was running terrible and I deduced it was the #4 cylinder that was the problem, so while going down the straightaway, I reached down and yanked the spark plug cap off. I have no idea how many volts ran through my body but o can assure you that spark plug cap didn't get put back on until I pitted. Lit me up like a Christmas tree

5. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

6. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

F&ck! I wish I wasn't so fat, F$ck! I wish my bike was faster

BigBird, TheGrouchyCat, Jedb and 5 others like this.
  7. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

How long has this butterfly been riding around on my windscreen. What f'n gear am I in? Lapped, no biggie, I'm only here for track time. Damned, Scott Rusell...Thomas Stevens...Jamie James...Kurt Hall are flying. Shit, I never want to be an expert.

SpeedyE, joec and panthercity like this.
  8. wanderlust

wanderlust Well-Known Member

I think about how slow Rusty is when I pass him on that old ass tractor that he rides.

IMG_1065.JPG

9. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

This thing is running too good!

Wonder when it's going to seize?

Oh #$%& !!!

Ouch!!!

10. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

Usually how thirsty I am or how bad I have to piss.

BigBird and TheGrouchyCat like this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not necessarily on a straight but the third line needs to be said loud enough for the corner workers to hear it :D

12. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

13. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

During endurance (on the SV) it was always "elbows in!" Just as Billy would fly by giving me the finger. :crackup:
    Now on the Grom I literally have time to find and wave to my son.

SmokeSignalRT, BigBird and BEi Racing like this.
  14. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

Hmm...wonder if i go in half a marker deeper if I'll get this thing slowed down for turn 1

15. Phl218

Phl218 .

Breathe!!!!

BigBird, RRP and panthercity like this.
  16. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

I'm usually swearing at myself for not getting on the gas sooner.

Gino230 and BigBird like this.
  17. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

:clap::beer::bow::crackup:

For the uninformed: you must badger Mongo to give the CW version of the story. :D

18. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

Did he just pass me on 1 wheel...holy shit yes, yes he did.

Start finish line at summit point, and no the rider wasn't doing it on purpose, just a combination of 200hp and the slight downhill at that portion of the straight... I take delivery of that bike this winter lol

panthercity likes this.
  19. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

"Gee, I sure hope my brakes work. "

20. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

This is shortly followed by " nope, I cant!"