1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Grom is not SS legal.

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Maybe Sunday - Saturday is the Grom Cup by Honda final and I don't want something no matter how funny taking a chance at screwing up someone elses race. Especially since just a slight balk on these could cost you a lot of actual space on the track.

2. He did that with hookers for years...

3. wookie

wookie Well-Known Member

Just remember guys, racing isn't about fun.... (per another thread on this forum!)

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  4. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Posted this in the Z thread but it's SBK related :D

M50 caliper and rcs15 master are in, hoping either Braking or Brembo comes out with a larger front rotor soon but there's nothing available yet

20161001_155139_resized.jpg

5. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

What does 300lb's allow me to run in SBK, 230cc motor swap for a level playing field?

I have actually been looking into getting the Finbro 125cc head, Finbro flot top piston and Finbro ECU.

6. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Was that about half the cost of a Grome? :crackup:

7. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

I like that idea better. I'm in for $5/person.

8. Hey Mongo, if you want to do this, I'm down for it (grid me up on the very last row and see if I can pass all the Groms).

I wanted to wait and see how Brian came along with the motor since it was a last minute decision to go ahead with the build.

He now has the motor together and is sorting some final things out to finish the dyno tuning. So as long as nothing weird happens, it should be ready for him to bring it with him.

Ill give $5 to the AFF for every Grom that beats me (or that doesn't beat me, however you want to do it).

It would be fun. :D

BigBird likes this.
  9. On 2nd thought, I'll make it even better. It is for a good cause.

Ill give $5 to the AFF for every Grom that finishes the race, regardless of where it is. And if I don't beat all the other Groms, I'll throw in an additional $50 on top of that.

BigBird likes this.
  10. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

All this said, I'll be interested to see what you think of the rebuild for commuting. I commute 2-3 times a week on mine. I wouldn't mind a tad more power. I don't need much, but I would like to at least win a drag race with a Camry.

BigBird likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No problem on Sunday.

Gorilla George likes this.
  12. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Somebody please get this on video.

13. Chip

Chip Registered

I'm skipping to the end because as far as I know, Broome is still scared to bring that thing to Josh's house and get beat by a $700 CRF100....

14. Got to ride The Grom a lil in the pits, damn it is going to be fun. :D

The only problem (as it pertains to this race) is that I don't have more gearing. So I will accelerate quicker, but still won't be able to ultimately go faster than anyone else because ill just run into the rev limiter. Especially since we are at full throttle for 95% of the track.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

if you trim down one from the other bikes you should be fine. the grom sprockets are tiny. :D

EDIT: Amazon can deliver a Grom sprocket to me same day. Check Amazon..that would be awesome if they got it to the track

16. Shit. Good idea.

17. t11ravis

So I at least got his flyby on video. I held chris off until T3... Gotta say, that's the baddest Grom I've ever seen! :beer:

Will post later today.

Gorilla George, BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  18. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

He raced the big bore vs the 125s?

19. t11ravis

Broome staring me down at 0:48. :crackup:
    Fun last lap with Michael Killian. Difference of 0.016 at the line!

Gorilla George, Phl218 and Sunscreen like this.
  20. :crackup:

You can see Damian Jigalov passing me on the straight exiting the museum. Haha.

Because I weigh 150lbs more than him, I still didn't have much of a speed advantage. That was also due to my clutch slipping almost the whole time. I had to work my ass off in the corners to try to keep my roll speed up.

That was the most fun I've ever had on 2 wheels. :D

TurboBlew, BigBird and t11ravis like this.