1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2000 Aprilia RS 250 for sale $4,750.00

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by verikp, Oct 12, 2016.

1. verikp

verikp Member

Pictures here....https://2000apriliars250.shutterfly.com/

I am selling my beloved 250. It has 5,264 miles on it. All rebuilds since I have owned it have been performed at Martin Eurosports by qualified Aprilia mechanics. The crank has been welded. This bikes runs perfect and is set up for a 190-200 lb. rider. I once let an experienced racer take it out on the track and he said it is set up beautifully and he said "don't change a thing". I have only been able to do 3-4 trackdays on it per year for the last several years. It is garage kept with a battery tender and starts on the second to third kick when cold. I have many spares like sprockets, chains, clutch cable, new windscreen, lower fairing, one exhaust pipe (upper I think) and probably more that I have forgotten. I also have a full new clutch.

The bike is located in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania (just outside of Philadelphia).

PLEASE EMAIL ME IF INTERESTED AT [email protected].

Many extras included. See photos.

Attached Files:

2. Cafe Guzzi

Cafe Guzzi Member

Is this a cup bike or street with title. Pics of the bike? It looks like a lot of the spares are just from one side... Hard fall on the right side?

3. verikp

verikp Member

This is a cup bike. Click this link for picks https://2000apriliars250.shutterfly.com/

No hard fall on either side. The lower fairing is both sides although that may be hard to tell in the picture.

4. Cafe Guzzi

Cafe Guzzi Member

Oh...doah... Sorry...see the link now...

5. verikp

verikp Member

STILL AVAILABLE!!!!

6. verikp

verikp Member

Make an offer.

7. verikp

verikp Member

Still available!!!

8. verikp

verikp Member

UPDATE:

I didn't realize that this bike has been sitting for 4 years (I thought it was 2). Luckily I drained the gas the last time I rode it. Today I had to replace a fuel line that had started to crack. Also found out the battery was dead despite the fact that it was on a battery tender. I hooked up a battery out of my GSXR (1996 SRAD!!!) dumped in some new gas and it started on the 4th kick. It was great to hear that sound and smell that smell!!!!

9. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

why was the crank welded?

10. verikp

verikp Member

First, bike is sold.

Second, the way it was explained to me is that these cranks are made up of multiple pieces that are simply compressed together. Over time they can spin themselves out of balance so the various pieces are welded together when the crank is brand new and before it is put into the motor. This was professionally done at Martin Eurosports in Pennsylvania.