1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AIM EXPO 2016

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

2. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

AMA16 is another code. $4 off one ticket.

3. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

I work with one of the vendors and AIME is already trying to get them to commit to 2018 in Vegas. As far as Kawasaki pulling out, you can see for yourself on their event map. That big space 6000+ sq ft space where it says "Action Feature" used to say Kawasaki.

http://s23.a2zinc.net/clients/MIC/AIMExpo/Public/EventMap.aspx?shMode=E

masshole likes this.
  4. natedogg624

I will say that the odds are getting better for the new R6 to be unveiled at AIME which would be a huge boost for the show. The date and time announced in their latest tease coincide with being one of the first presenters to media at the show. Hopefully, it's not just another video release in the lead up to EICMA.

5. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

The AIM official site/press release about the move to Columbus makes it seem like they have no intention of going anywhere else.

CLICK ME AND SCROLL DOWN

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Columbus in September isn't too bad really. Makes a lot of sense since they're trying to be the dealer show.

7. Chip

Chip Registered

Orlando 2016 (assuming its still there), Columbus 2017, Vegas 2018, Columbus 2019, Vegas 2019, rinse and repeat...

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Alternating could work if they keep it consistent. Wonder if a race the same weekend as Vegas shows would work well or not.

Blue Junk and dsmitty37 like this.
  9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That seems like a cool idea. I know if we were out there racing, I would want to go check out the show.

I know Brad Saenz offers rental race bikes in Vegas, so maybe a tie in could get you a few people from across the country that would fly and race, or trackway with Dale's company, plus attend the show.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. I'll explore the idea more next year and try to track down confirmed dates so I can schedule it. It won't hurt our turnout any so worth a shot.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  11. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Turns out I am within spitting distance of this event. Is the weekend show worth $15?

Russell Masecar likes this.
  12. wac

wac Well-Known Member

I go only 1 day, but for me it's worth it.

13. natedogg624

That's just marketing... Vegas in 2018 and then they will be moving around starting 2019 and beyond (a la IMS) including back to Cbus.