1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OK, how about cheap (inexpensive) wine?

Discussion in 'General' started by LD, Sep 30, 2016.

1. tz_eric

tz_eric Well-Known Member

Three Wishes is $2.99 at Whole Foods. The cab sauv and the chardonnay are both drinkable.

I like the Black Box wines too much. I drink that stuff until my personality goes all pickled egg and my brains get all metalheaded.

2. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Blue Nun reesling (no I can't spell it). Or it may be a leefermilch (can't spell that either). I just buy it to get the woman all jacked up for relations and shit. I don't actually drink it. It's like ten bucks or some shit.

LD likes this.
  3. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Wine Cellars SLV was the one i got a few times from a small store near my apartment that carries a shelf full of real dope selections in small quantities. Wine Cellars Artemis was the last one i had, loved it. Had it at Lewnes Steakhouse in Annapolis. If you're ever around that area, go there. godamn amazing, and here's their selection:

http://lewnessteakhouse.com/wine/wines/menu/thewines.pdf

they have another menu with like 3 pages of $1200+ bottles and shit, totally nuts. the whole place is amazing... being that you're paying restaurant markup though, most of even this menu is more than I want to spend honestly. i've had that Caymus before too.

besides the ones i mentioned earlier, I tried Mt. Monster recently. I think its like $12 or something, it was pretty tasty. and surprisingly, Total Wine has this like, "house brand" if you want to call it that, i think basically they tried to really get behind it as a specific brand and push it out, they don't actually own it or anything, but its called California Square and comes in a square bottle and is also like $13. its really not bad at all.

4. OldGuyOnBlu

OldGuyOnBlu Well-Known Member

Apothic Red is a great red blend for the money. So too is Roadside Red if you can find it. Yellow Tail, an Australian line, has some decent reds. I like their Merlot, and it's cheap. Do some sampling to find what you like.

5. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

I had a glass of wine at a fancy schmansy restaurant for 15 bucks a glass and thought it was awesome.
    Then saw it at the grocery store for 15$ a bottle and have been rocking it ever since.
    Le Crema

6. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

All of Apothic's shit is terrific. The dark is great.

Yzasserina likes this.
  7. madkaw

madkaw Meh...

A bit off topic but have any of you taken trips to the Finger Lakes? The wife and I usually go once or twice a year to replenish our stockpile of wine. Some of my favorite stops there include Three Brothers, Wagners, Rasta Ranch, and Hazlet. There's plenty more but after these four I usually get too drunk to remember nor care to remember the names of the others.

There's one place that has the Chocolate Lab wine. Tastes like a Tootsie Pop.

8. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

La Crema...

9. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

Sounds like you're on point. You like the earthy reds, Australian Chilean and Argentinian will be your wheelhouse. Mix it up with a Spanish Rioja or a French Rhone if you're feeling frisky.

Now we need a bourbon thread... I'll start on Monday :D

10. joec

joec brace yourself

Ill second the decoy stuff...

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

This. And the fact they're worked up over it. Plus the "oh it's for my wife" lies. It's embarrassing. Surprised they can hold the glass while they're changing tampons.

cajun636 likes this.
  12. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Yep, about 15 man cards should have been taken. I mean, this is a fucking motorcycle racing website. About the furthest thing in the world from a damn wine discussion. I mean I don't even drink anymore, but if I do you DAMN sure won't be catching me drink that shit. Give me a hard core Zima :D

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

But you guys didn't have a problem with threads about fashion, right?:D

14. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Buncha Nancys with their skinny jeans and Calvin Klien wallets.

Steeltoe and cajun636 like this.
  15. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I know know shit about a thread about fashion. Unless you mean a leathers thread... I'm too hardcore to even click on that shit. :D

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

*cough* Tommy Hilfiger *cough*

17. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Wasn't there a thread about oxygen bars a while back too?

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, that dude has covered the entire spectrum of topics the ladies are interested in.

19. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Tommy Hilfiger still makes shit?? I mean how in the hell can that guy still make shit that's "in" 20 years after the boom of tommy shit. lol

Looks like me and Metal are the only three manly mofos left.

20. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

3?