RIP Charlotte Kainz

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Sep 26, 2016.

1. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

I still have a hard time believing that this happened.
    Charlotte and her dad were great to work with and they were so appreciative of the support.

The poster she signed for me means so much now.

The last time I saw her was at Charlotte...

Rest In Peace my friend!

2. ew422

ew422 Well-Known Member

RIP racer

3. 418

418 Expert #59

Thx for posting this. The way FB makes it sound is like AMA is solely responsible for her death.

Not saying things shouldn't be looked at but the way people have thrown the organizers under the bus is pretty sad. This is a dangerous sport, shit happens and sometimes there is nothing that can be done.

RIP Rider.

4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Coming from someone who has prepped countless tracks, yes it is the absolutely a majority portion to blame the org for allowing riders on the track with next to zero visibility.

I am very good friends with the only rider to survive (Rip Charlotte, and Kyle) Lloyd told me directly that there was zero visibility.

GSmann and Slider82 like this.
  5. 418

418 Expert #59

And the riders still lined up and raced right? Ok then.

I guess what bothers me is where is that line of personal responsibility? Tradegy happened and everybody wants to point fingers.

6. 418

418 Expert #59

Just saw on FB Kyle McGrane succumbed to his injuries after being involved in the same incident. 17 years old. RIP.

7. See other thread.

8. Br1anbuck

Br1anbuck Well-Known Member

Sad, sad, day. RIP both racers.

9. Robby-Bobby

Wasn't the same incident.

Another of the same circumstance. Lack of visibility due to lack of water on the track.

418 likes this.
  10. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Please stop it, that track was in terrible shape. They shouldn't run a short track with that little visibility, much less a mile.

GSmann likes this.
  11. Robby-Bobby

Sorry if I seem touchy as both of these riders have competed at my events and we're both VERY nice, respectful and very fast racers.

I'm not giving the opinion of a keyboard warrior. I'm coming with years of knowledge running races and prepping many types of tracks.

This was 100% avoidable.

PATBAROK, grasshopper, Stumpy and 3 others like this.
  12. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

Well said.

13. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

JDBeach had a very long FB post this morning that supports what you have stated in this thread. I think other riders will follow. Thanks for standing up and calling it like it is.

14. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

There is no reason for you to apologize dude. Sometimes you have to get loud and spirited for people to listen. I think you got your point across just fine and if people are offended by you speaking your mind in the name of safety then can go fuck off for all I care.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

How about we talk about Charlotte and Kyle in here and leave the track and DMG issues in the other thread?

16. madkaw

madkaw Meh...

Godspeed Racers

17. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

You're right. My apologies

18. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Two racers, one event. My heart hurts for them and their families.

RIP Racers. :(

19. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

Godspeed Racers!

20. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

RIP Charlotte and Kyle