1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V7MW GNF CASH PRIZE

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by duck62, Sep 20, 2016.

1. emry

emry Can you count? 50 Fucking what?

Welll, my R6 is too new and Hammond would smoke me by about 10secs a lap anyways so.....

But I really like the grudge match mentally here! It might make for entertaining racing if only we could get rid of the "spectator" gate fees. Sponsors pay for spectators and excitement. When the majority of spectators are people that come with the racers you are just charging the people that would show up anyways. Family shouldn't pay the bills and won't help expand the sport. Not starting a debate about fees, but the current model makes my sponsors ask "Huh? What?" Everyone in the paddock is already exposed to them, so where is the market?

Cash prizes for place attract top level or cherry picker racers in the system. Everyone else not so much (I am not going to beat Hammond in a straight race). Sponsors pay to get their name out their, they like podiums but laps and hard work in the pits counts when there is exposure (anyone wonder what Facebook's value is?). "How many people saw our name this weekend?" If I can't podium how did I expand my sponsors exposure? How many potential customers did I touch?

I know this a a debate that has been argued til people pass-out and I am not trying to start it again. Business needs vs future needs is never easy. But any sport that relies on the natural talent of a participant also relies on the enthusiasm of those that look up to them. These people should be encouraged to show up and watch. Maybe they might buy a tee-shirt and some lunch.

Unload off. Sorry but I have never been one to keep my mouth shut. And no it has not served me well.

2. MaRacing

MaRacing v7,v8 racer and champion

well i count 250 and 50 off paint job, i will through out 50 also to put back in my pocket lol. honestly i hope we have a fun, real race not alot of bench racing and we all finish on two wheels, thanx to the donators so far

VFR#52 likes this.
  3. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I'll throw in $20 to the pot

duck62, sPatlovich1 and VFR#52 like this.
  4. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Clean racing a must...

nhammond54 likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Our customers are the racers and their family not spectators. What you've described is professional racing - which charges everyone a gate fee too....

Everyone who comes to the track does get a show - even if they're there to support a family members. The show is worth something, charging nothing for it would devalue it. Even to families.

duck62 likes this.
  6. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

And going to a WERA event is still a better show than MotoAmerica. Just sayin'.

7. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

So far we are up to $270. Thanks Scotty, Brian, and Chuck!:clap:

VFR#52 likes this.
  8. nhammond54

nhammond54 Hammond Brothers Racing

Did you not count John's $50?

duck62 likes this.
  9. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

MY BAD. Sorry MA and JT!!!! THANKS MA RACING!

That Makes it $320. Maybe we can break the $500 mark!!!!!!!!

VFR#52 and sPatlovich1 like this.
  10. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

For those who want to receive the $50 off paint work you must list "Chuck Deez Paint" as a sponsor on entry forms for this event. It would be great if "Chuck Deez Paint" was also mentioned in any post race intereviews as well but not manditory to receive the credit. I would appreciate the help getting my name out there as much as possible.

If you want stickers then contact me and I will mail them.
    No minimum grid size and credit must be used prior to next years GNF.

I am contemplating something for next season...I will post that later in
    its own thread if its going to happen.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    MaRacing, duck62 and VFR#52 like this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't want to quash anything like this but if you're doing a full season thing it's a contingency program and you need to talk to the boss about it...

duck62 likes this.
  12. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Email has already been sent!

kanatuna, duck62 and VFR#52 like this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sweet!

duck62 and VFR#52 like this.
  14. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

I smell some cash.....

duck62 likes this.
  15. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

I knew you would show up! I hope you don't dissapoint!

16. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

That would be Awesome! Chuck does some pretty good dadgum paint work too!

17. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

You should come hurt some feelings. :D

duck62 likes this.
  18. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I gots to find me a bike now.... Where's blackie now a days!?!?! Ole girl has some legs.

duck62 likes this.
  19. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

That bike had to be fast, even I won on it.

duck62 and cajun636 like this.
  20. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

You guys need to call Stick. He has a bike and spares sitting at his house.

kanatuna likes this.