MotoGP | 2016 | Italy| Misano| Sept 9 - 11

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

In fairness both Rossi and Lorenzo had tantrums this weekend. Rossi's was in FP2 when he melted down because he didn't like Aleix's pitting technique.

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

They're all a bunch of prima donna's, should all be sent back to club racing. :D

3. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Race Direction should inform the riders at the riders meeting that this is "I" and there is a 6 foot passing rule.

5axis, flyboy, crashman and 2 others like this.
  4. mike574

mike574 Well-Known Member

Like you would not bitch if someone did not throw a hand up or foot out before piting out when you were on a fast lap, A espargro broke track day 101 with that one

P.S.
    what a ride by Dani. I wanted Rossi to win but I think I was even happier to see Dani keep his streak alive

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Gawd, I hate YourGay. More and more every race.

6. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

Jorge was so honest right after the race. What happened next and he went nuts at the press conference? Booing has something to do with it maybe?

7. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Except Rossi did that shit last year, in Q2, to block Lorenzo and copped a penalty point for it. Cost him the title too as that point put him over the penalty threshold to get sent to the back of the grid.

8. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Honestly my take on it was that when Rossi started laughing it set him off. I thought Rossi's pass on Jorge was tough, but fair. Rossi's history though is littered with overly aggressive moves, Gibernau and Lorenzo at Valencia as two quick examples.

9. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

Rossi turns his top competitors into whiny little bitches with Biaggi, Stoner, and Lorenzo. Marquez not so much.

motoracer1100 and mike574 like this.
  10. mike574

mike574 Well-Known Member

I don't remember the insident but I guess it was bad enuf that Rossi deserved the penalty point. Still doesn't change my opinion that pitting out out with out a hand up foot out is a dangerous move, that would piss off almost any rider

11. BHP41

He did get the penalty point for it. Misano is such a narrow track that they seem to enforce rules much stricter there than anywhere else. Look at all the "drop+1" this year. Amongst all classes. Was Rossi's point last year justified...maybe/most likely; it's Misano and circumstances last year were the two involved in the incident were fighting for the title. Did it cost him the title?One could argue effectively that it did.

This doesn't seento be the first time Aleix has done this. He did turn around and have a good look as did his teammate.
    The statement "others overtake more cleanly" is what made Rossi laugh. I laughed too. Either Lorenzo didn't think about that before he said it or forgot how Marquez overtakes......or AI29.

mike574 likes this.
  12. BHP41

Honestly. This is GP, if you loo behind you, see a rider is coming up and you know you're going to pit. Get the F off the line. This happens umpteen times a weekend in every class.

It wasn't that he didn't signal, Rossi knew he was either pitting or waiting. It was the fact that he stayed on the line cruising when he knew another rider was coming up. Not the first time he's been accused of it.

13. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Clearly a hard pass.....lol

Attached Files:

Monsterdood, JTW, SamG and 2 others like this.
  14. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

:stupid:

I was surprised at his honesty in Parc Ferme... And then...... o_O ( This isn't ballroom dancing.....)

15. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

You know, at the end of the day if Rossi, Marquez and Lorenzo hate each other we the spectators win. We've seen recently how much Rossi and Marquez hate each other and now how much Lorenzo and Rossi. Let them fight each other hard, makes the season more interesting. Can't say I'd like it if they all liked each other.

Metalhead and cajun636 like this.
  16. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Just for context.

My 5 year old and I were riding dirt bikes in the back yard today. As we approached T1 (burned out stump) I put the same move on him that VR did on JL.

He said "whoa!" and then stood the bike up and laughed.

17. AJ

AJ Well-Known Member

Other leading riders usually don't park in the middle of a one line corner and completely kill the momentum. That was a block pass. Lame.

18. AJ

AJ Well-Known Member

This.

Lowside likes this.
  19. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

You've been watching GP racing for how many weeks now? 4?

BHP41 likes this.
  20. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Yeah, because the Lorenzo-Pedrosa battle at Valencia 2013 was all calm and gentle. :rolleyes: