1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1998 Ducati 916 for sale $4000

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by deion27, Sep 5, 2016.

1. deion27

deion27 Well-Known Member

Please read this ad carefully..........

A friend of mine is selling his 98 Ducati 916. The only issue is that the motor won't turn over. It was running a month ago without any issues. We recently installed new steel fuel connectors that connect to the fuel tank. After that installation, the bike cranks but will not turn over. Its a really nice bike, very clean but he just doesn't have the time to work on it and we don't want to just leave it sitting. His loss is your gain! Here's a list of the upgrades. I'm sure there are more, so feel free to call and ask

Text or leave a message at 614-578-6573

- Full Carbon Fiber (Real) bodywork w/o the front fender (996 body style)
    - aftermarket rearsets (unsure of the brand)
    - aftermarket adjustable brake and clutch levers (unsure of the brand)
    - keyless fuel tank
    - aftermarket Mad Duc clutch cover
    - Aftermarket PVM wheels
    - Full Leo Vince Carbon Exhaust
    - Bitubo Steering damper
    - Font and Rear Stands included
    - Lots of extra books and misc. spare parts

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. deion27

Bump....

3. sideburn34

sideburn34 Well-Known Member

4. deion27

He's asking for $4,000

5. Robbirob76

Robbirob76 Active Member

Cranks, but wont turn over? Am I missing something? Not being sarcastic, just trying to understand.

6. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

I think he means it will turn over, but not start. And you might want to say where it is located.

7. deion27

Sorry, to clarify, the bike will cranks but will not start. Could be a simple fix, just don't have the time to work on it. The bike is located in Columbus, OH

8. deion27

sunday bump.....

9. deion27

Price lowered to $3,500. Any interest?

10. RyanDCramer

RyanDCramer Well-Known Member

Check your PMs

11. nsr250man

nsr250man Well-Known Member

Is it titled? Current mileage. VIN # and history would be good too! Highly interested, and i have family that lives nearby who can help pick up while I am trying to get up there.

12. RyanDCramer

I bought it and the guy failed to mention he didn't have the title when I arrived with cash. Now he won't respond when I ask him if he's found it. I'm running the VIN with Ducati NA today. The bike was a mess. Swingarm pivot was shot, tank was clogged with shit. He spray painted the frame, swingarm, triple tree, master cylinders and other parts. Thankfully I sold the street parts and carbon bodywork. I'm only $2500.00 in and I just had it torn down to sandblast the spray painted parts and have them clear coated. It's going track only but FFS this guy should have never been allowed to own this bike. $2500.00 in carbon bodywork but Shinko tires and no attempt at servicing the thing.

We did get it running within a half hour and it does sound good but that poor bike had it rough.

sbk1198 likes this.
  13. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

I can paint your frame :)

14. deion27

Just wanted to explain that the friend that sold you this bike is someone that I'm no longer associated with as he's screwed me over too. I put the ad on here as a favor to him as he was going through a divorce and didn't realize how crooked he was. RyanDCramer, I'm sorry that happened and hope that you're able to salvage what's left of the bike.

15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I have friends I would bury a body for... but NONE of them would ever get me to post a 3rd party ad. Good god if you cant post a personal sales ad online yourself in 2016... maybe just park it out in your yard...lol

418 likes this.
  16. RyanDCramer

It's all good. The bike will be a great coaching bike and was my dream bike as a kid. No worries man, I'll get it squared away.