1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harley and the Davidsons

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Aug 18, 2016.

1. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I think about Mike from American Pickers when watching.

He's probably whackin' it 10 times per episode.

2. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Hope it comes to Netflix

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I was wondering how accurate it was and how much was embellished for tv.

4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

No PushRods...No Harley.....:)

Jeff McKinney likes this.
  5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You and I know that but that ain't what the tractor company wants to sell. :D

6. 418

418 Expert #59

Looks like it didnt take long for HD to bow out of their first racing series. :D

So far I am enjoying it though.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  7. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I
    Suspect HD was somehow involved in funding this little gem

8. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

It leaked oil AND it was too heavy. :D

9. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

What does Kawasaki have to do with this?:D:p

10. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I'm kind of enjoying it.

11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

The actual race scenes are a little cornball I think but overall it's pretty good.

Razr likes this.
  12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

After watching the first 2 episodes I'm convinced that Polaris will have to respond in some way. The hate is strong, it may have been that way 100 years ago but time has past...

418 likes this.
  13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I watched it this AM....Just fast forward through all the romance BS and its not that bad.... Cool way to tell the history of a company IMO.... And some good education for Harley Enthusiasts...

14. 418

418 Expert #59

Between tugging on the patriotic strings with the "HD saved my life" story and making Indian look like the evil empire, it's really starting to look like HD commercial. I mean it's not like Harley has never f@cked anybody over. *cough* Buell *cough*

15. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Like I said.. I'm guessing HD footed the production bill. I'm enjoying watching it but it's a big time infomercial. Ingenious really because it's drawing in viewers who wouldn't normally give a rats but about them.

16. gapman789

Man, the Art Davidson is awful hard on the designer/engineer Bill Harley.

17. gapman789

Damn it, they didn't get to the willy g and V-rod evolution that catapulted HD into superdom.

18. glass

glass Well-Known Member

I'm going to say it since no one else will.....the show sucks. I tried to get through episod 3 and couldn't do it. The amount of commercials was killing me too. My girlfriend who started watching it with me thought it sucked too and bailed after episode 2. I felt uncomfortable watching it in front of her because some of it was so cheesy. I had the same feeling of watching a movie when you were 16 with your parents and a sex scene came on.

19. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I agree on too many commercials. I had fun watching the first episode, and I'm about halfway through the second. Its not "movie magic" or anything, but its not THAT bad...

20. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member