1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r6 exhaust question.

Discussion in 'Tech' started by odomcaleb, Aug 11, 2016.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

lol... I could see in the first vid where the orange shirt guy was driving out of the museum chicane to the edge of the track... then the OP would motor right up behind him not using the whole track. Saw the same thing down the front straight and into Charlottes web. One time he could have gone to the left (but hesitated) and taken the line away on the inside.

Also you leave the grid like a seasoned pro!! Nice job! :D

MELK-MAN likes this.
  2. odomcaleb

odomcaleb #529

I meant to say i am the guy in thr orange shirt hahaha

3. odomcaleb

odomcaleb #529

Sorry fellas i shoukd have been more specific about the videos. Im the guy in the orange shirt!! The gopro footage is from lee kensers bike bc i cant uplaod my gopro videos.

4. odomcaleb

odomcaleb #529

I posted his gopros bc i cant upload mine.. im the guy in the orange shirt. I feel like his bike is much faster then mine on the straights. Lee has been racing for a few years and ive (guy in orange shirt) have been on the track 4 times. At that time

5. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

that lil bit of info woulda been helpful ;)
    i personally would just keep riding as much as you can afford to do. At some point, get a decent supersport build (good cam timing). My engine guy built an r6 motor for a buddy of mine with just cam timing (new everything, all valves, seats cut, pistons, rods) even used stock .60 mm gasket (not a thinner one). With good tuning, on PUMP GAS, it was shocking how fast his bike was in a straight line at roeblign road last weekend. 2008 r6. he had a LOT of leak down on his original motor.

6. odomcaleb

odomcaleb #529

Thats the problem i cant afford a build like that. Ill have to do it on my own. I just want you all to see how alow my bike is compared to lees.

7. TurboBlew

Lee Kinser?? I would really not concern myself with what motor he has under the body work.
    WERA has protest protocols if you really feel like there is a superbike motor in SS...

If youre riding like that with an orange shirt... pay for a day with a coach or Champion School. And make sure you
    enter all the SS classes before the GNF... you look like you'll do well in a national field.

8. TurboBlew

you may want to work with an experienced coach for racecraft tips.

9. odomcaleb

odomcaleb #529

How much is a day with a coach??

10. odomcaleb

odomcaleb #529

Also i was going to race the gnf. I raced my 2 weekends as a provisional novice, going to road altanta this weekend so we will see how it turns out. Also how the hell do i race the gnf? I cant get a good answer, just vague ones.

11. TurboBlew

12. odomcaleb

odomcaleb #529

13. TurboBlew

you need to enter all the classes you can during the regular season and score a point. Like C SS, C SB, B SS, B SB, etc. Then when GNF registration opens up... sign up ! :D Bring your A game.

14. TurboBlew

Aint nothing cheap but I bet you get more useful tips than a $3,000 motor. I dont know what he charges... thats for you to discuss with him.

15. odomcaleb

odomcaleb #529

Ill just race c superstock and c superbike

16. TurboBlew

At barber you can do well in B SS and even A SS. If you want to really be at a mechanical disadvantage... race F1...lol.

17. odomcaleb

odomcaleb #529

Hahaha, yeah im sure all those guys are running mid to low 130s

18. MELK-MAN

there's nothing in the motor build i described that is expensive. It's just "new". fresh. rebuilt.. no aftermarket cams, no crank work, no thin head gasket, nothing. It's ALL stock other than slotted cam sprocket gears and good cam timing. If your motor is fresh (leak down test is in order, or if it's low miles you should be ok).. just have a noted engine builder set the cam timing. You don't even have to remove the head to do this. Then.. TUNING. This is where the good dyno tuner pays dividends.

19. odomcaleb

odomcaleb #529

It has 6200 miles. 6000 of those where street miles lol so its still fresh. I wanted to have a thinner head gasket put in and cam sprockets then just run an inexpensive race gas.

20. MELK-MAN

you can get cam timing done for not much money. i would start there. I am honestly not sure the r6 benefits much from the thinner head gasket.. but what do i know. I do know my buddy has very good dyno numbers, and clearly a fast bike on track, with pump gas and cam timing only (on fresh rebuild)

odomcaleb likes this.