1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grattan Roll Call

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by cowboy dann, Aug 22, 2016.

1. cowboy dann

cowboy dann Well-Known Member

Who's going to Grattan?

2. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

I should be there Saturday, it'll be my 2nd race!

JBall likes this.
  3. motorcoacher

motorcoacher Member

I'm planning on Saturday & Sunday (weather permitting), it'll be my 1st race!! Look out!

j cal likes this.
  4. cowboy dann

Cool. What classes?

5. motorcoacher

motorcoacher Member

Since I'm a new guy PN I think I'm good for V7 and C Superstock for Saturday only. I'm on a 97 Suzuki GSXR 600 and being a "mature" guy for first race, I'm open to suggestions from those with more education in such matters :)

VFR#52 likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's easy - relax. Relax some more. Now go have fun :D

VFR#52 likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Also - since it is a double header North Central Sportsman race you'll be good for Sunday races too if you'd like.

VFR#52 likes this.
  8. motorcoacher

motorcoacher Member

Assuming Saturday goes well, I would like to. I guess I thought since it was a National Challenge day also I would be out of luck. I appreciate the info! Guess I'll have to pack some more groceries!

9. motorcoacher

motorcoacher Member

Question for anyone. The family and I will be rolling into the track Friday night around 7ish. I was thinking we are able to get into the pit area and set up camp. Can anyone confirm this? Is there a camping fee in the pits? I guess all the bike prep and I forgot about actually sleeping.

10. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

You should be okay, but call Grattan to be sure. I camped friday before the races in June, believe they charged 30 per person.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think the camping fee is only for the upper level. You'll definitely be able to get in at 7pm.

12. nhammond54

nhammond54 Hammond Brothers Racing

30 per person? What a freckin rip off!! I'm glad I live in the south.

13. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

Correction. 25 a head plus 25 to camp.

14. nhammond54

That makes more sense. 25 gate fee. 25 to camp as a group. Thought it was gate plus 30 a person to camp.

15. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

Nope. Girlfriend and myself 50 for gate, 25 to camp. 75 total [emoji20]

16. nhammond54

Yeah gate is always per person. But I have never heard of camping charge per person. And still haven't from what your
    saying.

17. ungwaha

ungwaha Well-Known Member

Is this your bike? If so that is pretty!

14068508_10205421078806154_8660468180855766169_o.jpg

18. motorcoacher

motorcoacher Member

Yes! That would be me :) What an awesome weekend. I couldn't possibly thank everyone enough for all the help and patience shown to a noob. Track days are great, but nothing ads an element of spice like the thrill of competition. Cowboy Dann, nice to meet you in Tech and thanks for the words of encouragement. A special thanks to all of the corner workers and WERA folks for making the weekend I've dreamed about most of my life as perfect as I imagined. My family and I had a great time and we shall return!

kanatuna and j cal like this.
  19. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

I shoulda stayed for Sunday...

motorcoacher likes this.
  20. cowboy dann

Nice to meet you too. Glad you had a great weekend and look forward to seeing you again