1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1st RC213V-S delivered in the US

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

lucky you!

what amazed me is the wheelbase this thing has got, 57.7inches! the swingarm looks pretty long!

vizsladog likes this.
  2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Yeah, Bruce Anstey and Padgett's Racing. There isn't a better test of horsepower than the Ulster Grand Prix. During the race the RCV was just another superbike. Underwhelming to say the least. Sounded mint though!

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Sorta...

4. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

WOW! someone out Dustin'd, Dustin

BigBird likes this.
  5. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

That thing sounds absolutely bad ass but I am sure Padgetts has done some tuning work to it. Maybe they even got a lil help from Honder in the form of some special parts/electronics? I doubt Honda would let them go out on the world stage with that thing as it comes from the factory.

And...... i'd still rather have a Desmosedici with all the goodies available on it.

6. Biggboi

Biggboi wera novice #446

So let me get this straight you have to be chosen to buy this bike and i wonder how long he has been waiting on delivery!

7. Biggboi

Biggboi wera novice #446

There is a hop up kit for it tho complete with different exhaust , carbon race bodywork and kit ecu for an extra cost of course !

8. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Not sold in the US.

9. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

I had a customer who was an older gentleman who owned them. He asked for me to ride them after being serviced

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It was mentioned elsewhere that most MotoGP bikes these days have longer than you'd expect swingarms to assist with mechanical and drive grip.

11. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

I've also noticed that in many cases amateur racers and advanced td riders have the rear wheel axle on their bikes as far back as possible giving the longest wheelbase possible. It's the same case, right? In fact I have my K6 1000 set up like that, plus a little higher cog,a setup praised at gixxer.com . It became more stable in the corners and at the exits.

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Kind of....there's alot of variables at play. Not the least of which being a MotoGP bike's need for plenty of mid-corner stability and able to drive off the corners with 250hp at the rear wheel.

I also have a K5 1000 and in actuality that particular gen of the 1000 had a shorter than "normal" swingarm, so the preferred setup for the track was to pull the wheel all the way back in the adjusters. If I measure the swingarm bolt to rear axle on my 1000 pulled all the way back its about the same as my 600's with the axle in about the middle of the adjustment range.

Ra.Ge. Raptor likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What an awful, awful turd. Who would want to own one of those if they could afford it? :rolleyes:

14. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

If the euro race-kitted version is truly 200hp+, then awesome. But there's been so much press about the US version being <100hp that it's overshadowing how cool the bike could be (is?).

15. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

If I could make my 100hp F4i look like that I would, just not for $150k. But its like the cars I sell at work. Sold a 458 Italia for almost $300k a couple years ago, thats more then the state of North Carolina bought their f'ing BATTLESHIP from the navy for. But for the guy paying for the 458, its chump change and doesn't matter. They can but what they like. Doesn't matter what us lowly peeps think.

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

200+hp is hardly awesome from a superbike these days. Don't misunderstand, it's crazy hp but the BMW and Kawi readily eclipse that mark for far less loot.

I think the biggest draw for the RCV is the weight or lack of it. There were a few times Anstey blew past the BMW's on acceleration but top end was pretty even.

17. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

18. 200hp is nothing these days. You can get that out of a stock Liter bike without opening the cases.

The chassis and other parts on that Honda are what make it cool. But NOT for $150k and NOT with 100hp.

If they had brought the full version to the US and priced it at $40k, then maybe.

Or even better, instead of wasting years and hundreds of thousands on that fucking showroom piece, they could have put that effort into giving us a new Liter bike offering.

Leave it to Honda to come out with a $150k turd that nobody wants or can afford, while giving us the same dinosaur Supersport bikes for a decade.

19. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

theres a lot more in that bike than $40k. the hand-built chassis and limited-production engine are prob the most expensive parts. Kalex has prob made more Moto2 bikes than the final production numbers for this one. the Kalex bike is more expensive new and they didnt even produce an engine for it.

why do u think they spent years and $$ on making this bike? the RCV1000R existed before this bike was announced. most of the R&D went into that bike and this one is just a copy of it. i wouldnt be surprised if they just de-tuned the engine, threw on cheaper out-of-the-box suspension and brakes, made the bodywork, and called it a day.

the production run of 213 is supposedly already sold out. so i wouldnt say no one wants it.

20. I don't give a shit about any of that. If they can't build it for $40k, then make it so they can. My point is that everyone has been waiting years and years for a new Honda Supersport bike (600 and 1000), then rumors started flying around about this new Liter bike and everyone was excited.

...and then they give us this useless piece of shit.

By "nobody" I meant the general public. For the general public, the bike is useless. Sure, you build anything, bike or car or whatever, and you will always be able to find 200 people somewhere in the world who will pay for it.

vizsladog likes this.