1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Truck opinions again....

Discussion in 'General' started by dobr24, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Have you considered the new Colorado/Canyon with the little Duramax? I know they're classified as "medium size," but they really aren't small by any normal definition.

2. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Had a Chevy and put 2 transmissions in it within 150k miles. Needed a 3rd when I sold it. That soured me on Chevy vehicles.

3. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

Toyota

4. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I'm nearly one year into owning my 2015 F150 XLT. Other than a nagging steering issue that is in the process of getting resolved (apparently the electronic racks have a history of manufacturer defects) I'm in love with this truck. The issue is extremely minor, and 99% of people would probably never notice it, but I'm very particular about steering feel.

I decided to get the 5.0 V8 rather than either of the boosted motors. The Eco's just had no soul, but that Coyote V8 sings one of the better songs of any stock truck I've ever driven.

Cabin is super quiet, doors are sealed like a submarine (almost to a fault), and it just eats up mile in total comfort.

Plus, on the same driving cycle where my old 2005 XLT w/ the 5.4 Triton got 16mpg, this truck is averaging 20.3.........that probably amazes me more than anything.

5. jd96

jd96 Well-Known Member

At least go drive the new Titan. The pro4x with leather is nicer than the platinums IMO.

I was getting better fuel econ driving around the diesel xd than a f150 ecoboost.

6. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I drove the Nissan. That's the problem. I really liked it.

7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Im in the Market in the next few Months..... What's everyones choice for the 2500 Gassers?

8. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

They are nightmares for us in the shop. I wouldn't sell one to a friend. Wouldn't want to take the gamble.

V5 Racer likes this.
  9. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

I agree with the guy sayin' stay away from first year models, especially when they change to new engines/ powertrains. I've seen truck sit 6 months before parts came available under warranty because no one had them or they were backordered due to huge failure rates.

I have a '12 tundra, not stoked about the towing but I didn't buy it to tow everyday all day, just now and again. Towing mileage sucks but so does every other gas truck while towing. Tundra chassis didn't change a whole lot in those years, so they are still solid.

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

I've found that Geico is usually great with the non-insured, so it's a bit weird they are giving you a hard time. We have GEICO and when my wife's car got totalled, it was a super smooth process... actually to the point that I didn't even worry about anything dealing with the insurance at all. Their estimate was pretty fair considering the car was 6 months old, and the biggest depreciation happens in that first year.

11. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Does the Geico claims adjuster know your a Geico customer? Might want to let him know and also that's you're considering switching after dealing with him.

For the dealership guys, which current models need the whole body lifted off to do engine work?

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

What exactly?

What can be taken care of in advance?

13. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

With the 2500 Cummins 900+ ft lbs of torque, leave the wife in the kitchen...and pull the house behind...there is no problem here... :D

14. jd96

jd96 Well-Known Member

Im probably going to roll the dice and buy one. Seems like most of the negative stuff online is from non owners anyways.

Ins co in Canada is pulling the same bs with me right now. They keep giving me prices for a base model titan, for like 4-5k less than an LE. They keep telling me I dont own a LE ... idiots

Im definitely cancelling my policy with these pricks. Been without a rental since Aug 9th and theyre being reimbursed for all this by the at fault ins company. Apparently they arent liable to provide me a rental past the date it was declared a total loss.

15. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

image.jpeg Well I went with the Titan. Somebody has to be the Guinea Pig right?

jd96, ungwaha, MotoGP69 and 4 others like this.
  16. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Nice! Any interior shots?

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

BTW ask them to throw in a new cell phone camera in the deal :D

dobr24 likes this.
  18. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

19. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Dealer photos. It's being delivered tomorrow. I'll post better photos then.

BigBird likes this.
  20. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

They couldn't come up with a way to move the fuel door so it doesn't interfere with the fender flare?