1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Season over now and...turn one Mid-Ohio

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by WERA33, Aug 22, 2016.

1. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

After being t-boned and taken out in turn one at Mid-Ohio by an out of control rider I'm out for the rest of the year.
    Fractured arm, torn triceps and tendon. Had surgery finally on Thursday. In a cast for week then some sort of metal reinforced brace with a range limiter. Total of nine weeks in a cast/brace. And rehab after..

Will work on finishing my bikes for next year. New Rd250/400 and hopefully finally finnish my Rz. Definitely liking forward to next year!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    kanatuna and jmarkkanaday like this.
  2. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Bummer, but you walked away.

3. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Sorry for the bad news Scott. Glad you've gotten it fixed. Take time and come back 100%!

WERA33 likes this.
  4. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

Hopefully we can have some good dingdongs next year. Heal fast, bubba.

5. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I definitely feel your pain as something very similar happened to me last year, only good part of mine was it was during my last track event of the year and I had the off season to recuperate. Best of luck on the surgery and hope the healing goes well. See you next season!

WERA33 likes this.
  6. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

What a wimp. Safety wire that brace to the clip-ons. It's time for Road A! :)

7. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

LOL… It did cross my mind :) I was hoping the surgeon would tell me that aggressive rehab was all that was needed. The MRI results dictated otherwise. Was going to Talledega with the RZ before the MRI…

8. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

9. charles

charles The Transporter

sorry to read this, Scott, have a speedy recovery…and don't forget, Scott, I am available for any type of experimental surgery you may want, just give me a day or two to clean up my X-ACTO blades, drill bits, hacksaws, and special implements.

10. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

Well fuck. Who am I going to borrow stuff from now? At Mid-Ohio alone, I borrowed tape, a grinder and some tools from your next door garage. Now what the fuck am I going to do? This injury of yours is very inconvenient for all of us moochers. Next time you're about to get ass packed (and I heard it was a big league, totally out of control slam job) think of your needy racers in the paddock. Get well soon, my friend.

WERA33 likes this.
  11. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

sorry to hear about this, hope you have a fast recovery!

WERA33 likes this.
  12. sreavis

sreavis Well-Known Member

Hate to hear that news. Keep us updated. Used to think dealing with my horses was more dangerous than racing motorbikes cause they have such a tiny brain, might be wrong on that theory.........

13. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

Your youngish.... Be back in a heartbeat... Just workout and stay in shape....see you soon at the track......

WERA33 likes this.
  14. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Listen to the words of an expert in these things.

As if Mr Lardy McLard Bucket will do that...:D

WERA33 likes this.
  15. KawH1R

KawH1R Well-Known Member

Heal up and get back out there. Need all the bikes we can on the grids.

WERA33 likes this.
  16. KawH1R

KawH1R Well-Known Member

At Mid-Ohio alone, I borrowed tape, a grinder and some tools from your next door garage

Stu, for someone who brings a well prepared machine to the track, you sure were doing a lot of borrowing. BTW, have you seen my 17mm socket and pull handle?

17. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

I agree Joe. Thought about that many times..

18. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

Great seeing again Stu. First time I've had the opportunity to speak to Garret. Really enjoyed that...great kid/man! Wonderful attitude....and still the fastest guy out there. On someone else's bike at that!

19. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

Thanks Scott. First time I've taken out from behind.

20. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

Thanks Charles! You're always ther and ready to help!