1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Racer Questions

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Dg3087, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Dg3087

Dg3087 Member

Hey, I'm looking into racing at Nola in sept. I was originally planning on waiting for next season, but id like to do it this year. I have some questions though. Is the license fee annual or a one time fee? If its annual, is it good till the same time next year or just till the end of 2016? Reason I'm asking that is because I'll probably only do one race this season. Also, one of the guides (I've attached a screenshot) shows discounts for 2015, do they still apply for 2016? Also gate fee, I know Nola doesn't normally charge gate fees, or is that a Wera thing? Thanks in advance, I'm sure I'll have more questions as I go

Attached Files:

2. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

License fee is annual. So if you paid for a license on say 8/20/16 it is for 1 year.

Membership (Race License) - $125 good for one year from date of purchase. First time race license (for riders who have never raced before with any organization) $75.

Riders School - $80 for new students, $100 for returning students.

Transponder Fees (all series) -

Rental - $60 per event. Must have a credit card for deposit.

Provisional Novices will get a free transponder rental. Must have a credit card for deposit.

As of 2016 WERA will no longer sell transponders. Rider with 10 rental receipts can turn them in for a card good for 10 free rentals.

Gates fees i don't know, never been to Nola to race.

All of the above information is found here:

http://maps.wera.com/fees/?x=1098

See here for further information on requirements for your bike and class structure:

http://maps.wera.com/rulebook/?x=1098

Dg3087 likes this.
  3. Dg3087

Dg3087 Member

Thanks for your reply. If I do take the RS at Nola, become a provisional novice, but don't race again until next year (not a full 12 months, just not until '17) will I have to take the RS again? I'm just trying to make sure that I'm not going to have to pay anything twice because I'm starting towards the end of the season. Thanks again.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, no second school unless it's a year or so before you finish your PN events.

Dg3087 likes this.
  5. Dg3087

Dg3087 Member

This is probably a dumb question but can a provisional novice race at GNF's? I completed the raceschool at Nola, did 2 races Saturday, then at 4am Sunday I got a call that my dog died so i wasn't able to race Sunday so I wanna get a race in at GNF's so I can get my novice license. Just want to make sure before I make the trip there. Thanks in advance.

*to be specific I'm just looking to do C superstock and possibly C superbike Saturday. Which are the two classes I did at Nola.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes since you got the one day in - we'll keep an eye on you since it is winner take all for championships but you can run both races.

Dg3087 likes this.
  7. Dg3087

Dg3087 Member

Okay thank you. Yeah always keep an eye on me, that's never a bad idea lol.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We keep an eye on everyone, part of the fun :D

Dg3087 likes this.