I Confess...

Discussion in 'General' started by Lawn Dart, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

See this?

<-----------

2. Lawn Dart

The hill isn't that impressive. I do have a TTR125 that I guess I could use to really f it up if I wanted.

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

It's obvious your difficultness has carried over to your lawn. :Poke:

4. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

What kind of slope are you dealing with? If it is that steep then consider cutting it into some terraced levels, backfill those with some real soil, and then try to grow grass.

The problem with subdivision construction is that every lazy dick low dollar contractor that ever worked in the area dumped half their scrap out there. Combined with the original top soil being scraped away and sold by the developer on day one, and all the equipment packing it down to harder than road bed, you aren't getting a yard without bringing in the whole ecosystem.

5. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Just put a motox track there. Problem solved. You don't even have to mow anymore.

6. ew422

ew422 Well-Known Member

Was good enough for The Brady Bunch!

7. In Nashville - dig out the clay, the rocks, and the concrete slag/broken bricks and cinder blocks the builder buried after construction. Truck in screened topsoil. Install irrigation system. Put down high-quality fescue sod, then overseed like mad. Feed with professional chemicals (Chemlawn) on a regular basis. Aerate every year. Burn your neighbor's crabgrass and Common Bermuda with weedkiller and fire or it will infect your yard like a filthy skin disease.

That's how you get and keep a green grass lawn in Nashville.

8. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Lol you do not know much about the soil in TN do you? There is no digging out the clay, it is all clay. The best you can do is remove large rocks, grade it the way you want and have topsoil brought in, then seed it or use sod.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

See, around here you do all that and you'll end up with a complete crap lawn and crab grass.

10. Lawn Dart

The irony here is that my entire neighborhood used to be a sod farm... They sold all the farm soil for $$$ before vacating the site. :rolleyes:

11. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Ahhh, that's fucked up.

12. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

See the second paragraph of my comment. Standard practice. There is a new townhouse development being built down the street from me. They are being careful to log off all the old growth hardwood and pine instead of just bulldozing and chipping everything. Make the money where you can.

13. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Green paint

14. Yeah, I have the absolute best-looking lawn in my Nashville-area neighborhood. So I suppose you're right - I don't know much about it.

15. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

Fuck, I live in misery...err Missouri and I can't get my grass to stop growing. This time of the year it's usually a greenish/brown color and crunches when you walk on it but right now I have to mow every 3-4 days and at 3.75 hours per mowing session, that gets old in a hurry.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Mine was being nice and dead most of the summer, last two weeks it's gone to knee length so I guess I have to mow. Now to just get it to be either less than mid 90's and 90 percent humidity and not raining at the same time so I can do it... Or a semi dry night so I can do it in the morning without bogging down the mower would work.

17. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Yep.

[​IMG]

V5 Racer likes this.
  18. ClemsonsR6

Where is your farm? I'm in Columbia aND will soon need a lot!! By a lot, I mean about 14K square feet.

Edit: Any chance you do Bermuda? Already have 900 square feet of that laid....

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  19. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

We are in Morganton NC. You talking about Zoysia too? I have some awesome stuff but there may be a grower closer. 14k will take 2 TTs. I don't do Bermuda. It sucks. :D

We produce bentgrass, bluegrass, and zoysiagrass.

20. ClemsonsR6

Check your inbox..