1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend a good mattress?

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Aug 5, 2016.

1. tpadden

tpadden Well-Known Member

I have a Casper also and love it.. It is actually pretty firm, was expecting it to be a lot softer. I sleep like a baby on it and it doesn't retain heat. Also is good for other activities unlike some other memory foam mattresses. Took about a week to get used to it coming from a traditional mattress. Try one out with their return policy it can't hurt. As previously stated edge support is a non issue.

OGs750 likes this.
  2. jdanhires

jdanhires Well-Known Member

I did Sleep Innovations Memory from Amazon. King was 650 shipped. Showed up in R2D2 sized boxed, vacuumed-bagged. Opening the bag was actually pretty fun. No complaints from me about the quality or smell of the mattress.
    What sold me on buying from Amazon - if I didn't like it, I could return it. For free. They'd send a shipper out to pick it up.

John

3. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

We got a Tempurpedic about 3 years ago when my wife was pregnant with our first boy. We started with a firm but we hated it so we swapped for a soft and we sleep like we're dead now. No sagging at all and we have been super happy with it. Whoever said to wheel and deal on them is spot on too. We got a fat discount and they threw in 4 super fancy pillows. Two of them are the 'cooling' pillows and absolutely rock in the summer time. I was nervous about being hot while sleeping but I've had no problem even without the fancy pillows.

4. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

I agree with this. It's much more firm than I expected it to be. You definitely sleep on it not in it. Also agree that it takes a bit to get used to, but it's not like it'll keep you up or anything.

5. awalk9905

awalk9905 Well-Known Member

I bought a Sealy Posturepedic Hybrid about a year ago and I find it amazing... The woman loves it too. Half cooling memory foam and half spring. It wasn't cheap, but I'd buy another again in a heartbeat.

Check out this site for some reviews: http://www.sleeplikethedead.com/

There are tons reviews, based on everything from price to "sex friendly."

6. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Oh,
    sleep by number has a $500 bed
    I bought one for one of my girls and did the setup myself.

It is $500 bucks for an inflatable air mattress (basically) but put a $100 memory foam topper on top and it is really good, but dont go over a 3 inch topper.

You get an adjustable firm sleep with cushion. IIRC my bed was close to 4k, but I should never have to worry about spring indentions or sagging

My previous bed was a Sterns and Foster. It lasted approx 17 years even with my heavy butt and we did flip it

Best thing I did... I bought a really good pillow. It is a cool foam different density pillow from seally.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  7. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

We got a sleep number at Christmas. I finally figured my number out around March. Back feels much better.

Buy the cheap one. The higher end models have more features that tend to break.

Put both sides up to at least 80 before sex. Wife is currently pregnant. Really likes being able to adjust the bed for her current additional mass, and then back to normal after the baby comes.

8. Gre8one7

Gre8one7 Well-Known Member

If youre thinking about casper also look into Tuft & needle

9. williamduc

williamduc Member

I was going to do this too after a bunch if research. But I laid and paid for an adjustable tempurpedic. I have had this $7,000 bed for about 6 months now. I wish I would have paid the $2 grand for the latex!!!! Not only does this bed get me hot and sweaty on my back but there are already indentions. I have the most expensive firm model with the waves from sleeps. Mattress firm recently bought them out.

If I did it over again, I would try to find a place that sold latex that wasn't 1000 miles away and either buy there or feel their firm vs medium vs soft so I knew what I was dealing with. All the research leads to longevity and coolness, the two issues I am having with my expensive ass current bed. Never getting that money back.

Also if you purchase latex online, buy a good base like leggit platt.. or something like that.. I am very happy with my base that has a ton of features and is solid as a rock. pretty sure it will last forever.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

10. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

There's a place around here called the Original Mattress Factory, they may have multiple locations around, but they make their own mattresses right there on-site. We've got one of their models and I love it. Will buy another one in a few years.