1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exoboost tuner ??? F150

Discussion in 'General' started by ttt637, Jul 23, 2016.

1. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

is the bullydog got tuner for the 2015 F150 ecoboost v6 worth a shit?

2. orangesuzuki

orangesuzuki Well-Known Member

I've used an sct 7015 on the ecoboost they work well and wake them up a bit. It also has a decent amount of options to adjust too.

TurboBlew likes this.
  3. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

4. Livermois. Enough said.

5. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Is the 3.5l V6 in the F150 similar to the 3.5 used in the Flex?

6. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Same engines, im sure the intake and accessories are placed differently for packaging purposes but the overall 3.5 is the same.

Local mustang forum had a track day and a guy with 9 sec 2015 mustang took his 4 door full size ecoboost with a tune down the track. 13.5s with no issues.

Impressive.

7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

there is a local guy here with a full sized 4dr eco boost truck running low 12s at the moment. Its tuned by a shop that specializes in SCT. The owner is not trying to make the truck a "drag racer" with a big stall convertor, etc...but its certainly impressive for what it is, making ~500 ft lbs of torque. The local fwd set that prefers to "roll" race can't seem to field a decent running car to beat it.

8. Next gen twin turbo 3.5 is even more impressive.

9. Randal03r1

Randal03r1 Well-Known Member

Just buy a diesel and be done.

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  10. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Does the truck 3.5 have the same problem as the Edge 3.5 where if a coil pack fails it takes out the PCM too?

11. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

12. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

I just bought a 2016 Focus ST with a 2.0L Ecoboost engine , any recommendations for upgrades to this little hot hatch?

13. dsmitty37

Look for a Ford Focus forum page or Facebook page, you will find a wealth of bullshit and knowledge there.

14. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

For my 2013 fx4 supercrew I have a livewire SCT tuner and SSI/MPT tunes, there are a ton of guys running 12's in the 1/4 with nothing more than a tune on these trucks. brake boosted launches in 4x4 is insane.

A tune is night and day different on these trucks and engines. The shifting is amazing after a tune, fuel millage increases, and they drive way better. I literally put mine back to stock the other day and it sucked so bad I put it back immediately. Even the canned tunes from SCT are light years better than stock. Then buy a package from MPT and you will really be amazed. If you want a race tune go SSI but make sure you datalog carefully.

15. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

Really? That big a difference? What is a "SSI/MPT" tune?

16. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

I picked up the Livernois tuner for my 15 3.5 eco, haven't driven a ton of miles but it definitely makes a difference!

I like the fact that the tunes are a bit more customized than regular can tunes even without having to hit up a dyno.

17. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

You may have just sold me on something I had no idea I needed. The fuel mileage alone would be a plus.

18. dsmitty37

Just an FYI, make sure you do research as some tuners that say they increase fuel mileage require you to run premium grade fuel and not your cheap 87 octane.

panthercity likes this.
  19. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

20. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Just go drive a tuned one now, it is unbelievable how neutered they are from the factory.

Different companies make tunes that are a lot more refined than what comes stock in the SCT or whatever programmer you buy.

I would recommend a tune from 5 star or MPT for starting out. A tune from SSI is a little involved just IMO, other people may tell you to just email him and Sean will e-mail you your tune (guy at SSI). However once you get a tune dialed in from him hang the f on. I think 45 guys are running 12's in f150's on his forum.

12.37s 1/4 mile supercrew ecoboost tune only (so they say maybe meth injection etc...)

For a medium performance tune you could expect gains like:
    Stock: 305 rwhp / 385 rwtq
    Tuned: 390 rwhp/ 473 rwtq

Attached Files: