1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 WorldSBK Silly Season - You've Got To Be Kidding Me...

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jul 26, 2016.

1. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

More on the rest of the silly season in a bit, but WHY CAN'T MARCO MELANDRI GO AWAY?!?!?!

Speedweek, a fairly reliable site when it comes to silly season, is reporting that the two parties are just a signature away from confirming Marco F*cking Melandri for 2017.

Why is this happening? Because someone in Ducati Management smokes some really good stuff? Unfortunately, no. Ducati has decided that it is time to move on from Davide Giugliano after three years full of crashes and empty on wins. Also, the teams title sponsor would like to see a fast Italian in the team in order to continue serving their role. Finally, being one of the highest profile riders in the WSBK, Melandri brings exposure to the team and potential sponsors.

The only thing left to wonder is how long it will take for the team to fold now that Melandri is in the mix :Puke:

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Marco will ride for nothing and they just raised Chaz's pay packet (rightfully so IMHO) so they are getting what they paid for.

3. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Wow. They could sign just about anyone and they choose Melandri...:confused:. on the bright side, I can't wait to see Chaz spank that midget up and down the track.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

He ain't all that short. :D

5. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Because with the exception of an Aprilla Motogp bike, Melandri can get on just about anything and get on the podium.....that's why:D

lonewrench, Bruce and throwdown like this.
  6. Because he is experienced and fast. That is why. He has been able to battle for wins and podiums on many different machines over his entire career.

lonewrench and Knotcher like this.
  7. The Great One

At the time that he left WSBK, sure. Next year? It's going to be a bit tougher. He hasn't raced against JR on his Kawasaki nor has he raced the Chaz Davies of today.

Don't get me wrong, Melandri is one fast mofo. He might be in for a baptism of fire though. If he truly ends up getting this ride, I think he'll have the least amount of podiums in 2017 out of the "Factory Four".

8. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Add to the mix Stephan Bradl who confirmed he will be out of MotoGP next season after negotiations with Avantia fell apart.

9. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

There is, quite frankly, too much talent and not enough quality seats at the moment. Melandri is fast and proven, but comes with ALOT of drama baggage. If the Yamaha can be sorted, the new GSXR could get back in the game, and the RSV4 needs factory support; then SBK could hot up quickly with the level of riders looking for a ride.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It's also more difficult to deal with than Lawn Dart jacked up on donuts and coffee and his diva behavior is rumored to rival Biaggi in his prime. He's a bag of dicks with blowjob lips.

Shenanigans likes this.
  11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It has nothing to do with Melandri and everything to do with his giraffe model wife. Somebody at WSBK has a huge hard-on for her - she easily has the most non-rider tv time of anyone in the paddock.

TX Joose likes this.
  12. RollieManollie

Within 4 races, he'll be back fighting for the podium. I believe Biaggi was out longer than Melandri and he managed a podium finish last year. As JU quoted numerous times, "Racer's Race."

throwdown likes this.
  13. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Stephan Bradl on the Panigale would be awesome

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  14. RollieManollie

I have to admit, I'm a Melandri fan, not so much in the WSBK realm, but from his early performances in Motogp, even with that POS Kawi he had at the time. I was also impressed by his BMW rides in WSBK as BWM hasn't earned the results on their platform since he left. Yes, I heard he is a drama queen, but the guy can sill ride.

Wish we could all watch Spies again in WSBK!!! :bow:

15. The Great One

Oh yeah, the rest of the Silly Season so far. I've covered the factory teams and the most notable privateers as well. The smallest teams have been skipped due to the lack of information about them:

Kawasaki Racing Team - Both riders confirmed

Jonathan Rea (2017-2018)
    Tom Sykes (2017-2018)

Aruba.it Racing Ducati: - No official statements yet, but Davies is set to stay and be joined by Melandri

Chaz Davies
    Marco Melandri (???)

Pata Yamaha: - Guintoli and Lowes both have options for a second year but it seems that they will retain Lowes and let Guintoli go. If so, Van Der Mark is likely to take his place.

Alex Lowes (???)
    Sylvain Guintoli (???)
    Michael van der Mark (???)
    Stefan Bradl (???)
    Cameron Beaubier (Okay, there currently isn't any evidence to support this claim, but I won't lose hope until the team announces their two riders :D)

MV Augusta Reparto Corse - With the company going through financial difficulties, the team will likely cease operations after 2016.

Ten Kate Honda: - Hayden/Ten Kate exercise option for second year of his contract. Van Der Mark rumored to be in talks with Pata Yamaha. If he leaves, Bradl is the "only" other rider they are interested in.

Nicky Hayden (Confirmed for 2017)
    Michael van der Mark (???)
    Stefan Bradl (???)

Milwaukee/Shaun Muir Racing - In talks with Aprilia to become their official WSBK team. In that event, it is expected that both of the current riders will lose their seats, with several other names being tossed around. Most of those names are riders that have extensive experience with the Aprilia RSV4.

Eugene Laverty (???)
    Leon Camier (???)
    Sylvain Guintoli (???)
    Stefan Bradl (???)

Althea BMW - The team signed a two year deal with BMW for 2016-2017. Due to the steady progress with the bike and riders, Althea is seeking to continue with the current riders for 2017. There has been no official announcement yet, however, there are no rumors of the team speaking with other riders.

Jordi Torres
    Markus Reiterberger

16. nk140

nk140 Well-Known Member

I am pulling for PJ to find his way onto a superbike

17. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

How many people in the last few years have won in WSBK?

And on that VERY short list is Melandri.

That's why. So take your fucking bag of dicks opinion and shove it in your superbike planet cornhole sucking ass!

When they wanna know who's the number 1 title contender mma elf fighting series then you can open your drivel spouter and give a back as opinion.

18. sowega

sowega #710

Subtle, classy, and evidencing a sublime sense of social grace. . .there's the Robby-Bobby I know and love.

Bruce and Robby-Bobby like this.
  19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

38 including riders with wild card wins.

and it includes Picotte, Gobert. Kipp, Biaggi and Laverty (who was also in line for the Ducati ride).

Got anything else? Maybe try something original, the superbike planet shit didn't work last time.

20. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Is Robby Bobby engaging Dave in a war of words? This is gonna be a bloodbath...