1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jon Stewart rips Hannity an new one.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by zertrider, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Why yes I am indeed. :beer:

2. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Now, THAT would be perverted. :D

3. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, Hannity, that squirrel named Glen Beck, and a couple of other "conservative talkers" fall into the same class as Maher, Colbert, and the rest of the new left leaning "comics". None of them have much of a clue concerning actual truth. Only what they think their public wants to hear and that will make them popular.

4. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Bruce, yes, it used to be that way in the earlier days. They tried to be comics, with only a little success, and even then it was with viewers that possessed a rather sophomoric sense of humor. Then almost all of them did indeed start to value what they were saying as something that was real. Now, even in interviews, they spout off exactly what they were using as jokes previously. Politically, they're idiots.

5. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

Do you really believe GB says what others want him to say? He's a 1/2 bubble shy of level and says stuff all the time that has me scratching my head. not saying he is always wrong, by any means. but he doesn't seem to worry to much about what others think of him. now hannity is a different story....

6. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Maher and Oliver are brilliant, I watch both every week. I've been watching Maher since the mid-90's, I strongly disagreed with him for years, now I'm more on his side than in the past, but I've always appreciated that he doesn't agree with everything his party supports unlike most of the hacks on tv.

They are both very funny guys with well written entertaining shows, if anyone hasn't watched Oliver, you really should.

7. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

it's called "propaganda". Goebbels would be proud.

“Think of the press as a great keyboard
    on which the government can play.”
    Joseph Goebbels

8. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

You left out Maher.........it's really cute tho, between them and their fans they're always harping on the ONE channel who hasn't jumped the shark as they have....and it KILLING them.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I've never seen Bee's show. I didn't find her particularly funny on Stewart's show. Wilmore's show, I have only seen on YouTube but he seems like a one-issue guy. That's not enough to carry his own show. Noah, I just don't find funny. I have watched clips on YouTube and I still don't understand how he replaced Stewart. I think I may have watched one Colbert Report during its entire run. Wasn't a fan. This thread is the most I have seen of him on his new show. I like Stewart and Oliver.

10. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Basically Affirmative Action.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dunno if I'm just more tired of the stupid as I get older or what but Stewart used to be funny, equal parts, going after everyone. Now he's extremely one sided, he's a political talking head with a sense of humor rather than a comedian at this point.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Coincidentally, he no longer anchors a TV comedy show. :D
    I think you just proved that he was good at balancing his show when it was his job and now voices his personal opinion as a citizen (wherever it is that you've been seeing him lately because I sure haven't seen much of him).

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

By lately I mean the Daily Show years before he quit. I stopped watching the show when he stopped being balanced even though it was his job. About mid way through G Dubs term he just stopped talking as much about politicians who matched his rich enough to be a hard core liberal viewpoints. I get him going after people like Hannity, easy target after all, but he ignored a lot of other easy stuff over the years too because they said stuff he agreed with, so he didn't see it as something to lampoon.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

FWIW I do get it, it's hard to make fun of something you personally agree with and take seriously. I'm not upset at the guy, just sad, he truly was hilarious when he had more of a balanced view of life and could see the idiocy of both sides.

Bruce likes this.
  15. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Noah was the only one willing to be the third guy to take his turn at the prostitute that was that liberal gangbang of a show.

R Acree likes this.
  16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If you're talking about how he went after news media, I agree he had his sights set on Fox News (although he also used to ridicule CNN on a regular basis) but that seemed to be far from a one-way relationship.
    If you're referring to the way he treated the various administrations, you'd be surprised by how wrong you are if you had watched once in a while during the Obama years. He wasn't exactly kind to the Democrats either. It wasn't just the occasional jab like Maher.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I know he wasn't as biased as Maher who never was funny to me but it still struck me as being biased all the same. Given I hate em all it stood out that he was only making fun of some of the stupid stuff I was seeing :D

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I remembered after I logged off yesterday that you drank the Iraq Kool-Aid. It wasn't Stewart who changed, it was you. :D

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What the WMDs? Never cared. I was always good with going after Saddam, don't really remember Stewart saying anything about that and actually enjoyed him going after G Dub, that was some great material. It was more a noticing what/who he didn't go after.