1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking to get an idea of pricing for a 1967 Honda 305 Scramber

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Lanceabillion, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Lanceabillion

Lanceabillion Registered Abuser

All original, except new spark plug leads and a headlight that is not OEM.
    Does run, but needs to be kicked over more than I like. 42,000 miles. (Dad said that the odometer didn't move for a time, so its probably much more than that)

Looking to finally sell my Father's 1967 Honda 305 Scrambler. He bought it in 1971. I remember going with him to buy it. I kept it in the garage for years for sentimental reasons, but I am never riding it. So, I think its time to sell it. Dad has no interest in getting it back and even said "You still have that?", meaning I kept more feelings towards it than he did.

I want to make sure I am pricing it with my head and not my heart. I do have a circle of buyers that have reached out to me over the years that said I need to contact them if this day ever comes, so please do not interpret this as a misplaced For Sale Ad. I know one of the group I am contacting first will take this bike.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

42,000 miles on a 305 is a lot. I'm not saying to bike can't handle it, just most never got ridden that much. I think the value is going to depend on the buyer. Some hipster kid may pay big money to have it to ride back and forth to a coffee shop. But a vintage bike guy probably wont pay as much.

3. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

Where are you located? The Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club swap meet and show is in August at White Rose PA.
    You should bring it so I can test ride it on the beautiful roads around there and then make you a stupid offer.
    And then you can be badgered by the group of tight wads that frequent those events. All good friends of mine but tight wads nonetheless.
    I've owned three of them over the years. If I rode it the stupid offer would be stupid for me, not you.
    Nobody will put a price on it here. So I will.
    Lots of miles but pretty original looking and you know it's history. My best guess would be $1500.

4. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

It's rare to find a complete, unmolested 305. I was going to say $1500-2000, but that's only a guess.

I haven't seen one of those in that condition in decades.

Lanceabillion likes this.
  5. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

There's one at most of our races...Mike Wells...what do you drink the night before our races....haha

6. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Throw it out there at $2995 and take the first Starbucks kid that offers you $2500.

drgonzo likes this.
  7. bj

bj Well-Known Member

Don't change a thing and sell it as a one of a kind survivor. I wouldn't even clean it. I think $2500 might be on the low end. Sure would be interesting to see it auctioned.

8. Lanceabillion

Lanceabillion Registered Abuser

Doing just a scan of "1967 Honda 305 Scrambler For Sale"- I saw a range of $3500-4200. I just don't want to be one of those dinks that overvalues it because its old, or because it was my Dad's, nor do I want to be taken. But keep the input coming, it does help me feel more solid with what I will come up for an asking price. I appreciate the info.

9. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Im sentimental about my dads h2 that he was the original owner of,and it was the bike I was hanging on the tank riding around our community as a 4-5 year old. Ive searched high and low trying to find it to no avail. Cool story behind the bike.......hope it all works out for you:beer: