1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB: (Non-Race) Bike that needs some work

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by ilarson007, Jul 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ilarson007

ilarson007 Member

I know this is a long shot, but I'm looking for a cheap bike that needs work to give to my girlfriend when she graduates basic training. By cheap, I mean 3 digit price.

Looking for an old cruiser style; she's mentioned she likes older Shadows. Bike can have a salvage title, but of course I'd prefer clean. Also, if it's salvage and out of state, I'd like to be able to stay in contact with the seller in case anything comes up transferring the title.

Let me know if you've got anything! Thanks.

2. ped

ped Banned

got an ex500 project for $400 with salvage title. needs a cdi, subframe, front axle, levers and controls.

cincinnati area

3. ilarson007

ilarson007 Member

CDI is something about the ignition? Rear subframe?

4. ped

ped Banned

Yeah. I guess it was crashed and subframe bent. So someone hacked it off. It's an 06 with a first gen race motor. Was going to just weld square stock and use a race tail with extra cushioning.

5. ilarson007

ilarson007 Member

I'm definitely interested. Can you send some pics? It's not exactly what she wants, but worst case I could just resell it lol.

By hacked off.. Is there still something there to unbolt and bolt on a stock one?

6. ped

ped Banned

theres 2" nubs...ex500's are welded to the frame from the factory. There's one on ebay for $80 but it would still have to be welded on.

7. ped

ped Banned

8. ilarson007

ilarson007 Member