1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What classes can I race in?

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by russomf, Jul 17, 2016.

1. russomf

russomf Well-Known Member

I have a 2003 SV650 with the following mods
    Cams (not just a cam swap), Modified air box, over bored TB's, tank spacers, 06' Gsxr 750 rear wheel, 06' GSXR front end, SV650 body work, PCV with Auto tune, Penske rear.

I figure the cams knock me out of any SS series. Can I still enter LTW twins?

What classes can I race in? Interested in getting back into racing after taking 6 years off. I enjoy riding the 650 because it is not mind blowing fast, easy to handle and does not eat tires or gas, and really make me a faster rider since I do not have HP to fall back on. Honestly at 43 I really do not need that mind blowing speed on the straights, I enjoy corner much more that this point.

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

LWT SBK
    F2

r6boater likes this.
  3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

and HWT SB

4. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

These guys got it covered. Where are you at?

5. russomf

Buffalo. NY.

6. russomf

Thanks for the info. Need to check the schedule now.

7. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Also lightweight Solo 20.

8. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

Senior MW?

9. dsmitty37

Your just down the Thruway from me, I am in Canandaigua

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd prefer not - it's always combined with the 1k's and it can lead to issues.

dsmitty37 likes this.
  11. dsmitty37

Thats why your the last say in things

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

As I said - I'd prefer not - but I'd also prefer not to have slower guys on 600's either and that happens so if the SV rider is good enough we do allow it.

13. dsmitty37

The problem is the grid size isn't big enough to warrant splitting the Senior HW away from Senior MW

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't want that problem either. Have enough issues with getting everything in as it is.

15. russomf

I'll give you a benchmark. At pitt race I am consistent 2:02-3:03 right now. i know that is much slower than your recent race there, saw a buddies lap times on his ZX6R. Yes I am slower in the straights but hold my own in the tight sections. You can tell me what you want me to do I am OK with it. I like the through of the solo 20, you can finally get into a groove. I like the thought of other seniors as they tend to have to work on Monday and have kids.

16. russomf

It has been 4-5 years since I held my racing license. I have not had any gaps where I missed a year of getting on the track. Where can I take the riders school either this season or next? is it held at every event?

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

18. russomf

that's cool. thanks for the info.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You'll have plenty of classes to run for now anyway :D

20. Tonyp425

Tonyp425 Well-Known Member

At pirc on my sv ss legal I ran 2:01.