1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Idea for Pitbull

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

Chris send me the OD of the pitbull tree thingy. i can machine you one out of aluminum... or would you want it matching to the plating of pitbull?

2. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

You've read some of his rantings, right? :crackup:

Edit: NM. He'll just send it all off to Livengood for assembly and then have it sent off for paint so it matches itself AND the bikes. Can't upset the theme in the pits.

3. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

20 min on a lathe

dsmitty37, britx303 and Phl218 like this.
  4. Tonyp425

Tonyp425 Well-Known Member

Just call Charlie we walked in the shop with an xr100 and shortly there after we had stands and a trailer restraint made

TLR67 likes this.
  5. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Is there something wrong with Apex? Why not just buy theirs?

r6boater likes this.
  6. RightSideUp

RightSideUp Well-Known Member

We made our own cone out of delrin on the lathe along with a flat stopper plate for the back side. We drilled an extra hole on the pin for the clip so it would hold the cone in place and the wheel straight. Easy to do if you have access to a lathe or a friend with one, I agree pit-bull should make something for it.

V5 Racer and Phl218 like this.
  7. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

This. I was going to say a real man would make it his damned self:D But then again I use the same visor for a couple years now

8. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

This is more of a idea with a focus group built in!

9. Whycome you don't just get one from Apex? They make high quality stuff and are some really good dudes.

drop likes this.
  10. Thanks man, but yeah that won't work. It would either need to be the same plating as the Pitbull tree, or maybe black. Black would work.

11. This. :D

I don't have a lathe in Africa. And shit, even if I did, I don't know how to use one. Not even sure ive seen one in real life. :crackup: The rigs have several in the machine shops and motor rooms, but I don't go to those places and on some rigs I don't even know where they are.

12. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

Chris, do you know a machinist with a lathe, I am sure Livengood does or he has a lathe...have someone make spacers out of black Delrin (its polymer plastic, but heavy duty...like what Glock makes their pistols out of)

V5 Racer likes this.
  13. I don't, but that would probably be the best option. They will be much lighter and less likely to hurt the wheels.

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

Hit up chuck Blackmon . He runs finishline machining.

He can machine everything. Black delrin or nylon should be no issue.

S gonna cost a bit though
    I'd just need the pin diameter to make a drawing

15. Thanks Phil, but Im at work so I can't get my hands on any of that info.

16. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

All good guys and great products, absolutely. I have used one of their tables before and it works great. But Pit Bull has a regular contingency program and Apex does not. If there is a choice in products, and all things are equal, I'll lean towards the one that has a contingency program.

V5 Racer likes this.
  17. But, but,......don't you have to actually race to earn contingency? :confused:

:D

18. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Partially correct.. You have to race, and not crash your old sh@t so badly that you need new sh@t. 2 years in a MF row.

F- Tally and F you.

:D

19. You gonna be at Tally in August? It would be cool to get some good feedback on what the Panigale sounds like from behind. :D