1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick Shift Sensors for Power Commanders

Discussion in 'Race Gear and Accessories For Sale' started by DonTZ125, Jun 1, 2016.

1. DonTZ125

DonTZ125 Purveyor of Neat Toys

I can now provide PUSH or PULL sensors compatible with the PC3 systems. I can provide the sensor with the female 10-pin 'SBK' connectors connecting directly to the PC3 box, or the 2-pin sealed units used as an intermediate connector with the R1 and some other models.

The switch in the pic below isn't mine, but I can provide a direct replacement to everything seen.

US$125 for the shift sensor + 15 shipping; +$25 option for the 10-way connector.

PCIII R1 shifter.jpg

2. DonTZ125

Update - I've found a source for the 10-way connector closer than Sweden, and a LOT cheaper than what was being asked. That connector is now available at no extra charge.

3. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Will these work on a P.C. V and which one would I need for an 08 GSXR750 setup for GP shift using Vortex rearsets?

4. DonTZ125

Yes it will. You'll need a PULL sensor for GP shift; the adaptive hardware is included in the price. The unit will come with the white 10-pin connector unless you specify the long grey 2-wire connector (same price).

Note that with this model bike, in addition to the PC.V you'll also need one of the Ignition Module, Secondary Fuel Module, or Quickshift Expansion Module.

5. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply. I've never used a QS before so I'm going to check out the QS expansion module.

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Will this be a plug and play for a Bazzaz QS4?

7. DonTZ125

No, unfortunately. The Bazzazz units use strain gauges, while mine use simple on/off switches.

8. Andres aguirre

Andres aguirre Well-Known Member

I have pc3 with standard shift so what do i need?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

9. DonTZ125

"Standard shift" means different things to different bikes, at least as far as the sensor is concerned. What are you riding?

If you look at the pic at the top of the page, what connector does your PC3 have for the QS - the long 2-pin, or the rectangular 10-way?

10. Andres aguirre

I ride a 07 gsxr600

11. Andres aguirre

And for the conector im not sure but i can let you know when i get home

12. DonTZ125

That bike uses a PUSH sensor for standard shift. US$125 for either connector, + $15 for the postman.

13. kellen

kellen Well-Known Member

What type of sensor are you using?

14. DonTZ125

Normally-Open microswitch; it closes either on a push or pull. Works great with my controller, as well as DynoJet and other similar types. Bazzazz and a few others use strain-gauge sensors that won't work with this device.

15. kellen

kellen Well-Known Member

Can you post a photo of the unit?

16. DonTZ125

The shift sensor comes with the little collection of M6 hardware shown on the bottom. The adaptor rod with the groove can accept both LH and RH, and the little black rod with the flats is a turnbuckle adjuster, with LH and RH on either end.

Shift sensor.jpg